- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astrodon UVenus UV Imaging Filter - 49.7 mm Round Unmounted - UVENUS-50R
About Astrodon UVenus Filters
Astrodon filters are high performing, durable filters that provide significant aid for astrophotography and research pursuits. Each filter is constructed using a highly innovative process with a single high quality 3 mm thick fused silica substrate and full hard oxide sputtered coatings. With the Astrodon UVenus imaging filter, a breakthrough has been achieved in UV filters for CCD cameras. This new filter provides a guaranteed transmission of greater than 90%, whereas previous Astrodon-Schuler UV filters would only provide up to 65% transmission of light in the 300 nm to 400 nm range. Such exceptional performance saves imagers time when UV signals are weak, while also enabling high contrast due to limited light leakage.
Astrodon UVenus Imaging Filter
A leap forward in UV filter CCD imaging technology, this superior quality Astrodon UVenus filter contains hard, durable coatings and offers the finest transmission available. Use this filter in conjunction with CCD cameras and a telescope to image the cloud structure of Venus and Jupiter, or for general UV imaging of flowers, insects, forensics, etc.Traditionally, Astrodon-Schuler UV filters have been used to image Venus. Although constructed using several colored glasses, these filters only allow approximately 65% of 300 nm to 400 nm region UV light to be transmitted. As with Astrodon's high quality Gen2 LRGB filters, their UVenus filter also keeps halos around bright stars to a minimum. But with Astrodon UVenus filters, transmission is guaranteed to be above 90% with minimal out-of-band light leakage. With exceptional performance like this, you'll be able to manage your imaging time better even when UV signals are weak. Plus, low light leakage enables improved contrast. A separate NIR blocking filter is not needed.
Astrodon UVenus Imaging Filter Specifications
- Unmounted 49.7 mm round filter
- 3.000+/-0.025 mm thick substrate
- Single, striae-free fused silica substrate
- 1/4 wave substrate prior to coating
- <0.5 arcminute parallelism before coating
- Edge to edge hard coatings
- Guaranteed 90%+ maximum transmission with 94%+ typical
- <0.01% transmission from 285-305 nm, and <0.1% transmission from 420-1100 nm
WARNING! This filter is NOT for visual observations of the sun or UV light sources.