- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik 383L+ Monochrome CCD Camera W/ Kodak KAF-8300 Sensor - ATK0067
Atik 383L+ Monochrome CCD Camera w/ Kodak KAF-8300 Sensor
Buy this Camera & Get a Filter Set for 50% Off! For a limited time, when you buy any new monochrome Atik or QSI camera (except the Atik LP) you will be eligible to purchase your choice of one Atik LRGB or Narrowband Filter Set at a substantially discounted price! If you are interested in this offer, put an eligible camera into your shopping cart and then visit the Atik Filter Sets page to choose your discounted filter set. Remember, you must have a new Atik or QSI mono camera in your shopping cart in order to take advantage of this offer. We will cancel any orders that do not follow these rules. Thanks.
- The Atik 383L+ CCD Camera enables enthusiasts to achieve stunning wide field images of the sky at high-resolution
- Operates a front-illuminated Blue Plus Kodak KAF-8300 Sensor and delivers highly efficient setpoint cooling to a 40 degrees max below ambient
- The platform on the 383L+ CCD Camera features a USB 2.0 interface for fast readout, low weight, and highly efficient cooling
- Includes superb software for image acquisition and preprocessing
- Features a memory buffer to reduce readout artifacts, externally accessible desiccant plugs, and a high-quality mechanical shutter as well
Redefining mid-range astro-imaging, the new Atik 383L+ is an 8 Megapixel camera featuring the Kodak KAF-8300 CCD. This design by Atik makes it easier for enthusiasts to access multi-megapixel, cooled cameras more easily with its irresistible price. The 383L+ is a fantastic CCD with a huge number of good-sized pixels.
ATIK provides cameras with very high image quality but at affordable prices. The ATIK 383L+ is no exception, offering the same high quality at reasonable cost. The Platform 3 by ATIK is featured with the 383L+ and it supports the Kodak KAF-8300. The advantages of this design provide very low read-noise circuits and reliability.
The camera can be used with either the EFW-U or our new EFW2 and Off Axis Guider (coming soon). Standard 1.25 filters can be used for focal ratios of f/5 and above without vignetting. Faster focal ratios will need flat-field correction or 36 mm filters.
Atik 383L+ CCD Camera Monochrome Features:
- Ultra low read-noise for great sensitivity
- 8.3 Million 5.4 µm square pixels for high-resolution imaging
- Lightweight - no flexure of the telescope focuser tube
- Highly efficient setpoint cooling to 40 degrees max below ambient
- High-Quality mechanical shutter
- Externally accessible dessicant plugs
- Great software for image acquisition and pre-processing
- Memory Buffer to reduce readout artifacts
For data acquisition and camera control, the acclaimed Capture software is included as well as plug-ins to allow use with Maxim DL, Astroart, and CCDSoft.
System requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM, Windows 98/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
Designed for a wide range of image sensing applications, the Kodak KAF-8300 Image Sensor is a 22.5 mm diagonal (Four Thirds Format) high performance monochrome or color full frame CCD (charge-coupled device) image sensor. Digital imaging can be conducted as well with the KAF-8300.
Each pixel contains blooming protection by means of a lateral overflow drain thereby preventing image corruption during high light level conditions. For the color version, each of the 5.4 µm square pixels are patterned with an RGB mosaic color filter with overlying microlenses for improved color response and reproduction. Several versions of monochrome devices are available with or without microlenses.
Kodak KAF-8300 Imaging Sensor Features:
- High Resolution - High Dynamic Range - Low Noise Architecture
- Quantum Efficiency, color: R(600 nm), G(540 nm), B(480 nm) 33%, 40 %, 33% - Quantum Efficiency, monochrome: Microlens, clear glass (540 nm) Microlens, no glass (540 nm) Microlens, AR glass (540 nm) No Microlens, clear glass (560 nm): 54% 60% 56% 37%
- Dynamic Range: 64.4 dB - Linearity Error at 12C +/- 10%
- Active Image Size: 17.96 mm (H) x 13.52 mm (V) 22.5 mm (diagonal) - Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Photography, Industrial Imaging and Medical Imaging Applications
- Dark Signal: < 200 e-/s - Dark Current Doubling Temperature: 5.8 C - Linear
- Blooming Protection: (1ms integration time) 1000x saturation exposure - Maximum Data Rate: 28 MHz