- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer for Telescopes - 52054
Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer for Telescopes
The Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer features a revolutionary design that allows you to adjust the interpupillary distance at a moment's notice. This dramatically reduces the need for collimation and nearly eliminates eye strain. The BinoViewer accepts 1.25" eyepieces and features coated optics with 99% reflectivity. Also included is a waterproof hard case to safely store and transport your BinoViewer.
What we love about the Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer
- Can be used with any type of telescope, even reflectors
- Requires no additional backfocus and won't alter your scope's magnification
- The built-in image erecting system shows an upright image without the need for a diagonal
- Low-power viewing is possible and enjoyable, unlike with many other binoviewers
More about the Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer for Telescopes
Unlike other binocular viewers available today, the Orion Premium Linear Binoviewer boasts a sliding "linear" housing for adjusting the interpupillary distance (IPD) instead of the traditional "folding" body. That matters because the folding types are more prone to collimation problems, whereby the two barrels of the binoviewer become misaligned, causing "double images" and eye strain. With the Premium Linear BinoViewer you just slide the two halves of the housing inward or outward to set the IPD — from 58mm to 74mm — and there's a handy IPD scale laser engraved on the housing so you'll know exactly where to set it the next time for your (or anyone's) eyes.
The eyepiece holders of the Premium Linear Binoviewer accept any two identical 1.25" telescope eyepieces (sold separately), and have convenient twist-tight holding collars that are self-centering. No little thumbscrews to mess with and no chance of miscollimation due to eyepiece offset in the barrels. The right eye side is equipped with a helical diopter adjustment. The Binoviewer's tapered 1.25" barrel minimizes the possibility of accidental fall-out, which is good because at 1 lb. 8 oz., this viewer adds a hefty load onto the diagonal or instrument itself. The barrel is threaded for use of Orion 1.25" filters.
Another big advantage of the Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer is that it does not utilize prisms in its optical design — just mirrors and lenses — thereby eliminating optical aberrations associated with prisms, while improving contrast. A knife-edge mirror is employed for light path splitting, rather than a prism used in traditional binoviewers. The dielectric-coated mirror, which boasts 99 percent reflectivity, minimizes differences in brightness, contrast, and color tone between the left and right images compared to prism-containing binoviewers. And four of the internal lenses are made from lanthanum glass, which effectively suppresses chromatic aberration.
Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer Specs
- Barrel Size: 1.25"
- Interpupillary Distance: 58mm - 74mm
- Mirror Coatings: 99% Reflectivity Dielectric-Coated Mirror
- BinoViewer Weight: 1.5lbs
- Included Items: BinoViewer Waterproof Hard Case
- Warranty: One Year Limited Warranty