- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
IP4AP Photoshop Foundations - Digital Download - SUPERDISK
IP4AP Photoshop Foundations Digital Download
Includes Photoshop Basics, Photoshop Foundations Intermediate Part 1 & 2
Unleash the power of Adobe Photoshop on your Astro Images! You've made a large investment in equipment, now make a small one and learn the secrets of producing stunning astrophotographs with Photoshop. Recorded in CS2, all of the processing concepts demonstrated in the series are valid through the latest version of Photoshop CS.
Please Note: After you have purchased this product, you will receive an email with a link to download a copy of the IP4AP PhotoShop Foundations. It may take a day or so to receive the download link, but it is definitely faster than shipping! If you have any questions please contact our customer service department via phone, chat, or email. Thanks.
Photoshop Basics Table of Contents
This is where to begin! Photoshop Basics walks you through Photoshop step by step, with an emphasis on Astrophotography. Twenty- One Video Tutorials comprise this first series of IP4AP's Online Visual Learning. Adobe Photoshop Basics teaches the mechanics of Photoshop for image processors of all skill levels. Learn to navigate Photoshop more effectively.
- Settings and Preferences Assigning Color Spaces and preparing Photoshop for use. 3:09min
- Photoshop Workspace Advantages of CS, FITS readers, Intro to Palettes, Managing the Workspace. 2:29min
- Navigation Navigator Palette, Keyboard Shortcuts. 4:11min
- We Want Information History Palette- History States, Logs, Snapshots, New Documents. 4:47min
- The Histogram Histogram Palette- Cache Refresh, Clipping, Combing, Spiking. 6:11min
- History History Palette- History States, Logs, Snapshots, New Documents. 4:31min
- We Want Actions Actions Palette- Sets, Actions, Dialog, Recording, Editing. 5:12min
- Channels Visibility, Highlighting, Merge/Split, RGB/L'ab Modes, Selection as New Channel. 5:54min
- Layers Layers Palette- Adjustment Layers, Destructive Edits, Blend Modes, Opacity. 4:31min
- More Layers L-RGB Assembly, Layer Groups, Flattening, PSDs, Layer via Copy. 5:00min
- Tools I Tools Palette- Marquee, Move, Lasso, and Hidden Tools; Feathering, Tool Settings. 6:09min
- Tools II Magic Wand, Crop, and Clone Tools. 6:20min
- Tools III Gradient, Multi-Purpose, Notes, Eyedropper redux, Hand, and Zoom Tools. 5:05min
- Menus I File and Edit Menus- Opening and Saving, Edit/Fade, Undo/Redo. 5:57min
- Menus II Image and Layer Menus- Modes, Adjustments, Dupes, Resizing, Adjustment Layers. 7:21min
- Menus III More Layers, Select Menu- Deselect/Reselect, Masks, Color Range, Modify, Feather. 6:12min
- Menus IV Select Inverse, Filter Menu- Smoothing, USM, Minimum Filters, and Plugins. 7:06min
- Menus V View Menu- Proofing, More Navigation. 4:38min
- Menus VI Window Menu- Customizing the Workspace; Help Menu- Adobe Help Center. 2:44min
- Almost There Series Review, and Processing Methodology- L/RGB. 3:20min
- Bonus Healing Brush, Dust and Scratches, High Pass, and Offset Filters, More Layers. 5:20min
Photoshop Foundations Intermediate Part I
Table of Contents
Photoshop Foundations Intermediate Part 1 takes you to the next level of mastering Astrophotography, building on the lessons of the Basics Series.
- The Nature of the Beast What's your chosen photon capture device? See how the nature of your 'beast' affects Post Processing. 7:15min
- The Assembly Line Learn the easiest method of assembling an L-R-G-B. 5:58min
- Luminance Begin using the power of non-linear Curves to bring out the full tonal range of your photographs. 7:40min
- UFI An introduction to Uneven Field Illumination due to light gradients and natural vignetting. 5:24min
- Avy Agee Radial Demonstrates the repair of Vignetting using the Radial Gradient Tool. 10:12min
- Avy Agee II Demonstrates the repair of Uneven Field Illumination using the Subtraction Method. 6:35min
- Avy Agee III Demonstrates the repair of a Linear Gradient using the Linear Gradient Tool. 5:26min
- Avy Agee IV Demonstrates the repair of a severe Light Pollution Gradient using GradientXTerminator. 8:23min
- Dangerous Curves A master class in those intimidating Curves. 7:06min
- Curve Confidence Pick up speed on Curves with new found confidence. 6:05min
- DDP The Digital Development Process A Quick Start into Postprocessing. 5:01min
- Recap Review of Part 1, and Introduction to Photoshop Intermediate Part 2. 1:29min
Photoshop Foundations Intermediate Part 2
Table of Contents
Photoshop Foundations Intermediate Part 2 is the conclusion of the Foundation series giving you all of the tools you need to bring out the best in your Astro-Images. The Five Ss™ - Stretch, Saturate, Select, Sharpen, and Smooth your way to APOD-quality images.
- PS-0 How to get the most out of this series with the Camtasia Flash Player Intermediate Part-2 was created with Camtasia. This tutorial demonstrates the features of Camtasia please watch this first so you will get the maximum benefits from this series.
- PS-1 Introduction to Photoshop Intermediate Part-2 A tour of the universe set to beautiful music, sets the stage for the next adventure in mastering Astrophotographic Processing. 3:06min
- PS-2 The Kitchen Like a great meal, a great image is only as good as the chef, but also only as good as 'the kitchen'. Warren discusses the Photoshop workspace , Monitor Calibration, and the innovations of CS3 and CS4. 4:14min
- PS-3 Color The methodology and philosophy of today's Chrominance with Monochrome and One-Shot CCDs (DSLR too!). 3:11min
- PS-4 Color Bias Understanding and Eliminating the preliminary threat to beautiful color.
- PS-5 Color Balance With Bias eliminated, the subtle nuances of achieving perfect color balance are discussed. 6:28min
- PS-6 Color Saturation The first of The Five Ss- Saturating. The latest methods for achieving rich, beautiful color are discussed. 4:24min
- PS-7 Selecting-1 Learn the Secrets of Selecting through the use of Masks to effect changes only where they are wanted! Conceal-All Masks are covered. 6:35min
- PS-8 Selecting-2 Threshold Masks and Inverted Threshold Masks with automatic Reveal/Conceal properties. 5:11min
- PS-9 Selecting-3 Reveal-All and Inverted Masks 5:16min
- PS-10 Stretching Having covered Curves extensively, we look at the Shadow/Highlight command as a powerful, nonlinear manipulator of the histogram. 5:38min
- PS-11 Sharpening-1 The philosophy and methodology of Sharpening. Learn Photoshop's powerful sharpening filters to bring out fine detail- Unsharp Mask, Smart Sharpen, and Edge Sharpening. 6:48min
- PS-12 Sharpening-2 The High Pass Filter, Focus Magic and other Plugins, Deconvolution, Wavelets, and Selective Sharpening. 5:48min
- PS-13 Sharpening-3 Dust Lane Enhancement, and Star Removal are demonstrated. 6:35min
- PS-14 Stars Make these forgotten 'stars' shine! Beautiful stars with Star Shaping, Shrinking, and Softening. 5:56min
- PS-15 More Stars Further enhance these beauties with Local Saturating and Sharpening. Also covers fixing Trailed Stars. 4:47min
- PS-16 Smoothing Noise Reduction filters are covered, including Reduce Noise, Neat Image, Despeckle, etc. 6:40min
- PS-17 Saving Yes, another 'S'! Saving for Archive, Web, Print Preparation, Resampling, NIK Sharpener, etc. 4:56min
- PS-18 Bonus Information on excellent Plugins, New Photoshop Tricks and Tips. An introduction to the Next Series- 'S/N' (not Signal/Noise- Soup to Nuts!). Next round we'll take (Included) Master Files and take them from Preprocessing to Post-processing to Printing! 6:56min