- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
IP4AP PixInsight Digital Download - Part 3 - PIP-3
Please Note: After you have purchased this product, you will receive an email with a link to download a copy of the IP4AP PixelInsight Part III. It may take a day or so to receive the download link, but it is definitely faster than shipping! If you have any questions please contact our customer service department via phone, chat, or email. Thanks.
IP4AP - Image Processing for Astrophotography
PixInsight Part III DVD
PixInsight is the brainchild of Juan Conejero, a Spanish software developer who has led Vicent Peris and the 'PTeam' since 2004 in the development of PixInsight. If you're new to image processing, PixInsight is a very powerful and much less expensive alternative to Photoshop. Because it was specifically designed for Astrophotography, it has definite advantages over Adobe CS and we can see a time in the near future when its post-processing abilities will surpass Photoshop in many areas.
PixInsight Part 3 moves on to more advanced topics. Among those covered will be: HDR composition, building mosaics, multi-scale processing via wavelets, Narrowband image processing, and further refinement of techniques involving Masks, PixelMath, etc. Also featured is a recap of earlier concepts detailed in Part 1 and 2, providing the much needed Context and Chronology - the what to do, and when to do it.
PixInsight Part 3 Table of Contents
- PI-0 Introduction to PixInsight Part 3 Advanced topics and special features. 2:54min
- PI-1 Recap-1 Offers a Step-by-Step Review of what we've learned in PixInsight Part-1 and Part-2, further providing the 'what to do and when to do it' for your PI workflow. One-Shot-Color procedures are demonstrated. Monochromatic imagers will benefit from this as well. 6:03min
- PI-2 Recap-2 offers a Step-by-Step Review of what we've learned in PixInsight Part-1 and Part-2, further providing the 'what to do and when to do it' for your PI workflow. Monochrome procedures are demonstrated. 5:00min
- PI-3 Recap-3 completes our Step-by-Step Review of what we've learned in PixInsight Part-1 and Part-2. The second half of Monochrome workflow is demonstrated. 4:44min
- PI-4 HDR Composition details the HDRComposition and GradientHDRComposition processes for combining exposures of different lengths, to preserve high dynamic range detail. 4:03min
- PI-5 Mosaics-1 begins our 6-part miniseries on mosaic construction. 4:31min
- PI-6 Mosaics-2 features the construction of a 2-panel mosaic. The StarAlignment process is profiled. 3:46min
- PI-7 Mosaics-3 continues with the construction of our 2-panel mosaic. The GradientMergeMosaic process for seamless mosaic stitching is introduced. 4:18min
- PI-8 Mosaics-4 begins the construction of a 4-panel monochromatic mosaic template. StarAlignment's Restrict to Previews, and registration confirmation with a mask are covered. 7:24min
- PI-9 Mosaics-5 continues the construction of a 4-panel monochromatic mosaic. Alignment of individual panels to the template created in PI-8 is detailed. Three different approaches are featured. 6:25min
- PI-10 Mosaics-6 concludes our 6-part mosaic miniseries. Three different paths for GradientMergeMosaic are shown, and a quick recap brings context and chronology to mosaic procedures. 2:41min
- PI-11 Star Masks-1 provides a more in-depth look at star mask creation for advanced image processing. 7:13min
- PI-12 Star Masks-2 profiles ATrousWaveletTransform for the creation of star masks. Alteration and repair of star masks, as well as useful tricks are detailed. The Convolution process is also introduced. 4:56min
- PI-13 Multiscale-1 introduces bona fide multiscale processing with PixInsight. We demonstrate the deconstruction of an image into varied scales, and how to recombine them when work is complete. 4:01min
- PI-14 Multiscale-2 concludes our two-part miniseries on advanced multiscale processing techniques with PixInsight. With an image deconstructed into small and large scales, we draw out faint nebulosity and sharpen detail before reassembling the image. 5:31min
- PI-15 Narrowband-1 begins our 6-part miniseries on Narrowband image processing. After an introduction to the major palettes, we use PixelMath, LRGBCombination, and ChannelCombination, to assemble Ha, OIII, and SII images into a Master file. 5:12min
- PI-16 Narrowband-2 demonstrates the power of Scripts for assembling Ha, OIII, and SII images into a Master file. Multichannel Synthesis's SHO-AIP script is introduced. Also shown is the creation of Narrowband pseudo-luminance. 5:05min
- PI-17 Narrowband-3 addresses Narrowband stars. Repair, replace, or remove them for different effects. 3:22min
- PI-18 Narrowband-4 returns to PixInsight scripts to combine Narrowband data with (L)RGB. We revisit SHO-AIP and introduce the HaRVB-AIP and NBRGB scripts. 5:08min
- PI-19 Narrowband-5 returns to processes for blending Narrowband data with (L)RGB. Demonstrated is a special technique by the PTeam's Vicent Peris for blending Hydrogen alpha and Luminance. 2:44min
- PI-20 Narrowband-6 concludes our 6-part miniseries on Narrowband image processing. Hydrogen alpha and Oxygen 3 are selectively blended to an (L)RGB's chrominance using masks and PixelMath. 4:25 min
- PI-21 Superbias details the new Superbias process for noise-free calibration with improved modeling of your camera's bias signal. Also introduced is the new 24-bit LUT visualization feature. 3:14min
- PI-22 Drizzle introduces the new DrizzleIntegration process, for implementing the Variable-Pixel Linear Reconstruction algorithm on undersampled data. 4:22min
- PI-23 CometAlignment shows you how to have the best of both worlds- an untrailed comet, and round stars! 4:42min
- PI-24 Preprocessing Update brings you up to speed with recent additions to both the ImageIntegration and ImageRegistration processes. 2:20min
- PI-25 Scripts Redux covers additional scripts worthy of note. BatchFormatConversion, BatchLinearFit, FWHMEccentricity, SubframeSelector, CanonBandingReduction, FITS Keywords, and FITSFileManager scripts, Feature Scripts, and Global Reset are profiled. 5:40min
- PI-26 Wrap-Up concludes the three-part PixInsight series from IP4AP.com. Acknowledgements, Additional Resources, Special Features, and a look into the future of PixInsight, as well as IP4AP are covered. 6:13min