- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
IP4AP PixInsight Part I - Digital Download - PIP-1
Please Note: After you have purchased this product, you will receive an email with a link to download a copy of IP4AP PixInsight Part I. It may take a day or so to receive the download link, but it is definitely faster than shipping! If you have any questions please contact our customer service department via phone, chat, or email. Thanks.
IP4AP - Image Processing for Astrophotography
PixInsight Part I Digital Download
PixInsight is the brainchild of Juan Conejero, a Spanish software developer who has led Vicent Peris and the 'PTeam' since 2004 in the development of PixInsight. If you're new to image processing, PixInsight is a very powerful and much less expensive alternative to Photoshop. Because it was specifically designed for Astrophotography, it has definite advantages over Adobe CS and we can see a time in the near future when its post-processing abilities will surpass Photoshop in many areas.
PixInsight Part I will get you comfortable navigating in PixInsight. You'll learn how to Reduce, Align, and Combine quality master files, and while still in the linear space, repair Gradients with ABE and DBE, achieve proper color balance with ColorCalibration, and restore sharpness with Deconvolution.
PixInsight Part I Table of Contents
- PI-0 Introduction Our earlier series, What's New at IP4AP, Intro to PixInsight 7:10min
- PI-1 Primer-1 Philosophy, Introduction to the User Interface, PI Community, Automatic Updates, Global Preferences, Toolbars, Explorer Windows, Menus 7:21min
- PI-2 Primer-2 The User Interface continued- Explorer Windows, Tool Bars, Overall functionality 7:18min
- PI-3 Primer-3 The User Interface continued- the Screen Transfer Function, New Instances 7:22min
- PI-4 Primer-4 The User Interface continued- Processes, Previews, Real Time Previews, Intro to Masks 7:03min
- PI-5 Primer-5 The User Interface continued- More Masks, the Process Container, the Image Container 6:54min
- PI-6 Stack-1 Using the new Batch Preprocessing script to Calibrate, Register and Integrate images into Master Files 5:49min
- PI-7 Stack-2 Using the new Batch Preprocessing script continued 5:30min
- PI-8 Stack-3 Using the new Batch Preprocessing script continued, including Debayering and CosmeticCorrection 6:33min
- PI-9 Stack-4 Using the new Batch Preprocessing script continued, a simple, automatic, OSC run is detailed 5:04min
- PI-10 Stack-5 Using the new Batch Preprocessing script continued, a manual, monochromatic approach is detailed 4:15min
- PI-11 Stack-6 The ImageIntegration Process for Light Frames 5:50min
- PI-12 Stack-7 The ImageIntegration process for Bias, Dark, and Flat Masters. The ImageCalibration process is introduced for preparing Flat frames for stacking. 6:00min
- PI-13 Stack-8 The ImageIntegration process for Light frames. The Batch Debayer Script and StarAlignment are also covered, concluding our 8-part miniseries on stacking with PI. 6:22min
- PI-14 Linear-1 Post-processing in the linear state. The DynamicCrop, FastRotation, ChannelCombination, and ChannelExtraction processes are introduced. 7:22min
- PI-15 Linear-2 Alternate method of Lightness extraction, splitting of RGB, and LRGB combination; and the application of a History state to an image are shown. Background extraction is also introduced. 5:47min
- PI-16 Linear-3 The AutomaticBackgroundExtractor (ABE) and its affect on Additive and Multiplicative gradients. 5:17min
- PI-17 Linear-4 The DynamicBackgroundExtraction process (DBE) and its affect on Additive and Multiplicative gradients. Automatic sample generation for less challenging fields is the focus. 6:50min
- PI-18 Linear-5 The DynamicBackgroundExtraction process for complex nebular fields, and extreme light pollution, Manual samples, Symmetries; and the BackgroundNeutralization process are covered. 8:32min
- PI-19 Linear-6 The ColorCalibration process for accurate color balance. PixInsight's 'agnostic' color philosophy and three calibration modes are covered. 5:37min
- PI-20 Linear-7 The Deconvolution Process is covered- the Regularized Richardson-Lucy algorithm, PSF tabs, ideal Iterations, Deringing, and Wavelet Regularization. 8:13min
- PI-21 Linear-8 The Deconvolution Process continued. The External PSF tab, Dynamic PSF, StarMask deringing support image, Range Masks, and some recommended settings. 8:32min
- PI-22 Wrap-Up Final thoughts and recommendations. Topics to be covered in PixInsight Part-2, and what can be expected in PixInsight's future. 5:12min