Cleaning & Maintenance
- This spanner wrench is made to help remove thin adapter rings and other thin components.
- The wrench works well with the Baader Protective T-Ring System.
- This wrench is meant to work with components with round pins.
- The pins measure 2 mm.
- This Grease #2 container holds 10 ml of grease.
- This grease is compatible with -13°F to 104°F temperatures.
- Baader's Grease #2 is Teflon-White in color.
- The grease is meant to help maintain telescope mounts.
- This Grease #4 container holds 10 ml of grease.
- This grease is compatible with -58°F to 104°F tempertures.
- Baader's Grease #4 is Ultra Range.
- The grease will not produce outgasing or react to vapor pressure.
- The grease is meant to help maintain telescope mounts and mirrors.
Take care of your telescope and accessories using the many cleaning tools we offer at High Point Scientific. Proper care and regular maintenance ensure that your astronomy equipment will last for years to come. We offer top-quality cleaning materials from your favorite brands like Celestron, Orion, Vortex, Vanguard, and more. Don’t know if your scope needs cleaning? Then it is best to leave it alone. Many new amateur astronomers think they should clean their equipment often, but this will only make your telescope’s mirrors or lenses more prone to scratching. It is best NOT to disassemble or remove your scope’s optics because this can void your warranty.
But if you find a cleaning is needed, we have you covered. We have a wide selection of cleaning materials to suit your needs, such as lens pens, cleaning fluid, microfiber cloths, as well as other supplies. When cleaning lenses and mirror, it is important to not apply cleaning fluid directly to the surface, because it may seep through the lens edges and leave stains where you cannot reach them. Instead, dab a small amount on a cloth or clean tissue.
Besides cleaning fluid, you can also use acetone or rubbing alcohol, though we recommend you not use acetone on camera or binocular lenses, as it may dissolve the lens coatings. As always make sure your immediate area is clean of dirt and debris and that you be careful not to touch the lense surface. With careful, delicate precision, cleaning is a simple and easy way to brighten your scope's views. Not sure where to start? High Scientific has many great bundles to choose from so you can get all of your cleaning supplies in one fell swoop.