- Best suited for collimating Newtonian reflector telescopes, this Apertura 1.25" Laser Collimator has a 45º angled viewing surface.
- Includes three LR44 lithium batteries for powering the unit.
- Factory aligned via three recessed screws on the laser collimator body.
- Although this collimator uses an eye safe 5 mW laser, failure to avoid direct exposure could result in permanent eye damage.
- Set of three Apertura Secondary Mirror Collimation Knobs
- Replaces the secondary collimation screws included with Apertura Dobsonian telescopes
- Facilitates quick and easy Dobsonian collimation
- Requires no tools thereby preventing your telescope from acquiring damage
Collimating your reflector or Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope is simple and hassle-free with these collimation tools from High Point Scientific! Optics out of alignment, or collimation, yield images with noticeable imperfections. For example, stars will not come to a pinpoint focus and planets will look slightly hazy. The best way to prevent this from happening is to collimate your scope. Our experts have found you the best tools in the industry to make collimation a breeze.
Collimation is often the most frustrating aspect for beginners, but it doesn’t have to be. Enjoy an artificial star or lite pipe to make sure your scope gets the precise collimation it needs. With a wide selection of Cheshires, laser collimators, autocollimators, collimation knobs, we offer you the tools to make your collimation experience as easy as possible. In fact, we offer collimation tools from the most trusted brands in the industry, including Celestron, Orion, FarPoint, Bob’s Knobs, HoTech, Baader, as well as many others.
Once you get used to it, collimation is as quick as a minute or two. Be sure to check your optics periodically to make sure they are properly aligned. In fact, it may be best to check your optics before each viewing. Check out our collimation kits so you can what collimation method works best for you. Not sure where to start? The experts at High Point Scientific are ready to help you get the most out of your scope!