- This 2nd generation LaserMate Deluxe Collimator from Orion provides optimal optical alignment for your reflector telescope resulting in the finest views possible.
- Conveniently collimate your reflector's optics from the back of the optical tube using the LaserMate's rear view port.
- Improvements over the previous model include upgraded aluminum housing and a wider 3 mm barrel flange for assured proper seating that enables pinpoint collimation consistent with each use.
- Operates via a single included CR2032 battery and comes with a full set of step-by-step instructions.
- Compatible with all 1.25" eyepiece holders, the LaserMate II Deluxe Collimator also features an additional center mark collimation target label in case the reflector's primary mirror has not been previously center-marked.
- For guaranteed precisely aligned reflector telescope optics, use this convenient Orion Telescope Collimating Eyepiece.
- Combines a 1.25” Cheshire eyepiece with a sight tube measuring 5” in length.
- Essential for aligning the internal optics of Newtonian reflectors, Dobsonians, and Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes.
- Includes a top peephole and bottom crosshairs with foldable eyeguard for removing glare during use.
- Works with 1.25” telescope focusers as well as 2” focusers using a separately available 1.25” step-down adapter.
Collimating your reflector or Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope is simple and hassle-free with these collimation tools from High Point Scientific! Optics out of alignment, or collimation, yield images with noticeable imperfections. For example, stars will not come to a pinpoint focus and planets will look slightly hazy. The best way to prevent this from happening is to collimate your scope. Our experts have found you the best tools in the industry to make collimation a breeze.
Collimation is often the most frustrating aspect for beginners, but it doesn’t have to be. Enjoy an artificial star or lite pipe to make sure your scope gets the precise collimation it needs. With a wide selection of Cheshires, laser collimators, autocollimators, collimation knobs, we offer you the tools to make your collimation experience as easy as possible. In fact, we offer collimation tools from the most trusted brands in the industry, including Celestron, Orion, FarPoint, Bob’s Knobs, HoTech, Baader, as well as many others.
Once you get used to it, collimation is as quick as a minute or two. Be sure to check your optics periodically to make sure they are properly aligned. In fact, it may be best to check your optics before each viewing. Check out our collimation kits so you can what collimation method works best for you. Not sure where to start? The experts at High Point Scientific are ready to help you get the most out of your scope!