- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Hyperion Zoom Mark IV 8-24 mm Click Stop Eyepiece with Free Case - HYP-ZOOM
Includes a Free Eyepiece Case
Receive a free eyepiece case when you buy this Hyperion Zoom eyepiece from High Point Scientific! You will love the way the two piece “bolt-style” case threads together to securely protect your new eyepiece from dust, moisture, and scratches during storage.
Baader Hyperion Zoom Mark IV 8-24 Eyepiece - 1.25"/2"
The Baader Hyperion Mark IV Eyepiece is the latest and greatest generation of the classic 68º Baader Zoom! This wide field 1.25"/2" eyepiece is the most flexible we've seen. First of all, you can choose from five magnifications (8, 12, 16, 20 and 24mm) with Baader's improved click stop action or stop anywhere in between. In other words, while this is a continuous zoom eyepiece, you will feel a click when you reach each of the five magnifications. This is perfect for binoviewing, but even single eyepiece users will appreciate knowing how much power they are viewing with by counting the clicks forward or back. The clicks are quieter on this new Baader zoom eyepiece as well, allowing you to change magnifications without disturbing animals you may be viewing or photographing.
The Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece comes with several accessories so that you can use it in a multitude of configurations and enjoy comfort at the eyepiece.
- Of course, you can use this Hyperion zoom eyepiece in either a 1.25" or 2" diagonal. It comes with a 1.25" and 2" nosepiece that threads solidly onto the eyepiece itself, and when used in conjunction with the Telescope Adapter B (included), the bottom of the eyepiece will stay safely away from the clamping screws of the diagonal. These barrels are compatible with 1.25" binoviewers that have a detachable eye rest.
- With the included 2" SC threaded adapter, you can achieve direct connection with compatible telescopes, or with diagonals that accept the optional Baader 2"/2" changer ring.
- The Spotting Scope Adapter A threads onto the Baader Hyperion Zoom Mark IV (with 1.25" barrel removed) and connects to all Celestron Ultima spotting scopes and those of similar designs. This special adapter gets this Baader zoom eyepiece 4mm further into the eyepiece clamp, allowing for infinity focus. If you have a Zeiss Diascope, there is a bayonet adapter available optionally that will connect the Baader Hyperion Zoom Mark IV to that spotting scope, and Baader says they plan to make more adapters in the near future (see important note below).
- Finally, just like most of their eyepieces, the Baader Hyperion Zoom Mark IV has an M43 photo/video thread on top, allowing you to attach it directly to most video cameras. You can connect this Baader zoom eyepiece to a DSLR or T-2 accessory with the addition of an M43/T-2 Adapter Ring, which is sold separately.
- For comfort under varied viewing conditions, Baader has included three different eyecups. Choose from an adjustable height eye cup, a non-folding rubber eye cup, or a foldable wing-shaped eye cup, which is really nice for those who wear eyeglasses.
What's New About the Baader Mark IV Zoom Eyepiece?
- A slimmer 55mm diameter, as well as lower weight (10.2 ounces), make the Mark IV even better for binoviewing than the Mark III
- No more barrel undercuts! The barrels of this Baader zoom eyepiece have Zero-Tilt safety kerfs, a proprietary security measure that reduces the tendency of an eyepiece from slipping out of an unlocked eyepiece clamp.
- Zooming functions in cold weather have been improved, and the click-stop mechanism has been smoothed out for easier, and quieter, functionality.
- The Baader Mark IV Hyperion Zoom offers almost 4mm of extra back focus. This is especially important when it comes to spotting scope use since many spotters have a hard time coming to focus when adding some eyepieces. The addition of the A Adapter increases back focus to help compatible spotters reach infinity focus.
You will love the Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece! With long eye relief, a flat field design that provides sharp images across the entire field of view, Phantom Coating Group multicoatings for amazing contrast and clarity, and a brand new heavy-duty carry case that will keep your beloved Mark IV safe when not in use, why wouldn't you love it?
A Warning About Using this Zoom on a Spotting Scope: This eyepiece, with the included spotting scope adapter, does NOT work with "all spotting scopes" that accept 1.25" eyepieces as Baader claims on their packaging and elsewhere. We suggest you do some research on the internet or contact Baader directly to see if others with your spotting scope model have had success with the Hyperion Zoom before you buy.
Please note that if you buy this eyepiece and it does not work on your spotting scope we will not pay for any shipping charges you have paid or will pay for the return of the eyepiece. We are sorry for any inconvenience this policy may cause, and we will be happy to discuss the use of your particular spotting scope with the Hyperion Zoom or any other eyepiece we carry. Just know that the final decision is yours, so please research as best you can before you take the plunge. Thanks.