- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Hyperion 24 mm 2"/1.25" Eyepiece with Free Case - HYP-24
Includes a Free Eyepiece Case
Receive a free eyepiece case when you buy this Hyperion eyepiece from High Point Scientific! You will love the way the two piece “bolt-style” case threads together to securely protect your new eyepiece from dust, moisture, and scratches during storage.
Baader 24 mm Hyperion 1.25" Eyepiece
- The Baader 24 mm Hyperion Eyepiece is designed with internal bafflings to eliminate stray light
- Offers a 68 Degree Field of View and 17 mm of Eye Relief
- The 24 mm Hyperion Eyepiece from Baader has High Index Optical Glass and Specifically Designed coatings to deliver a stunning view of the night sky
- Works in both 1.25" and 2" Focusers
- The 24 mm Baader Hyperion Eyepiece offers crisp images with lots of contrast
The Baader Planetarium Hyperion 68 degree Modular Eyepieces offer world-class performance and unique photo-visual features, at an unheard of price. No longer do amateurs need to spend more on their eyepieces than their primary instrument, in order to get true high-end performance in a wide-field eyepiece. Not just a different branded version of their highly regarded cousins, the Hyperions have been totally redesigned to deliver better transmission, contrast, and useful new features. Baader Planetarium has worked hard to give the Hyperions the world's finest optical coatings, superb mechanics, and their unique multifunctional design.
As a visual eyepiece, we have found the Hyperions deliver superb sharpness and color fidelity across their 68 degree wide, flat-field, even in fast telescopes. In our own comparisons to our personal favorites, the Pentax XL, the Hyperions matched the Pentax in every regard, and at just over 1/3 the price! From their superb on-axis and off-axis sharpness, to their pitch-black high contrast field, the Hyperions really work. Viewing through a Hyperion is notably comfortable and relaxing, due to their forgiving eye-position, 20 mm of eye-relief, extra-large eyelens, and an optical design that is free of annoying 'kidney-beaning' and blackouts.
Some Highlights of the Baader Hyperion Eyepieces:
Consisting of 8 elements in 5 groups (3.5 mm - 21 mm), the Hyperion optical design delivers outstanding sharpness and color correction over a 68 degree wide apparent field (65 degree for the 21 mm). The Hyperion optical design has been chosen to deliver a exceptionally comfortable view, thanks to its 20 mm of eye-relief, large eyelens, and a pupil free of the kidney-beaning and blackouts co mmon in many wide field eyepieces.
The new 24 mm uses a different optical design and delivers the same outstanding performance over it's 68 degree wide apparent field. It is totally free of blackouts and other annoying exit pupil behaviors, delivers long eye relief (17 mm), virtually zero distortion, and is sharp to the edge even in fast telescopes. Its flat focal plane is particularly suited to very fast newtonians that use coma correctors. The 29 mm field stop makes the 24 mm Hyperion the widest 24 mm eyepiece we know of. The 24 mm Hyperion is also the smallest and lightest of the Hyperions.
High grade water-white glasses are used throughout, to deliver a crystal clear view with low scatter and excellent color fidelity, free of the yellow or bluish coloration imparted by many other eyepieces. Use of high-index glasses delivers low distortion and astigmatism, even on scopes as fast as f/4. Superb fit and finish. Eyepiece barrels are accurate to size, nicely machined, and hard anodized. Soft folding rubber eyecups work for both normal and eyeglass users. Each Hyperion comes with protective lens caps and leatherette storage pouch.
Baader Planetarium has gone to great lengths to give the Hyperions the most advanced multicoatings ever used on amateur telescope eyepieces (please note: these are not the same coatings other manufacturers use on their similar clones of these eyepieces..). The Hyperion Phantom Group multi-coatings and coating equipment are proprietary to Baader and have been designed by German coating engineers specifically for the Baader Hyperions, and optimized for each of the glasses used. These coatings are applied with the latest thin-film German coating equipment, training, and process controls. The result are coatings that truly rival the best in the world - including the famous Zeiss Abbe Orthoscopic! The difference is clearly visible - users report that the Hyperions clearly show fainter stars and darker sky than the competitive clones.
The proprietary Hyperion housings have been engineered by Baader to incorporate careful opto-mechanical design and execution of internal baffling to eliminate stray light and ghost reflections. Uncapping the eyelens reveals a pitch black interior, with no distracting and contrast-robbing glints of light from unbaffled lens or metal surfaces. We call these our 'black hole' eyepieces.
Works in both 1.25" and 2" focusers. The 1.25" barrel is threaded for filters and kept short (0.94") to work well in binoviewers and spotting scopes. Baader's new housing incorporates a full-length 2" barrel (0.94" long) and provides a specially designed tapered locking recess. In addition, the Hyperion field stop locations have been re-designed and optimized to give the shortest focus position possible (important for binoviewer use).
All Hyperions Accept popular Astigmatism Correcting Lenses. The Hyperion eyelens housing is compatible with the full range of correcting lenses from 1/4 to 3-1/2 Diopters. Observers with any astigmatism will really appreciate this feature, no longer needing to wear eyeglasses to see stars as true pinpoints. The long 20 mm eye relief of the Hyperions works particularly well with these corrector lenses, without forcing the observer to press their eye close to the lens in order to see the entire wide field.
Removable Negative Lens Element permits variable focal lengths using Baader's New Finetuning Rings (see section below). NOTE: The 24 mm Hyperion is a different optical design and does not permit the use of Finetuning Rings to decrease focal length.
Great for Binoviewing! We've tried most of the wide field eyepieces on the market that are suitable for binoviewing, and the Hyperions are at the top with the very best. When compared to some wide field eyepieces developed especially for binoviewing, we found the Hyperions were superior in every aspect: more comfortable view with better eye relief, smaller housing diameter at the eyelens gives more nose-room, better coatings (=better contrast), wider field, and half the cost.. Our favorite wide field bino eyepieces are the 8/13/17/21/24 mm Hyperion. The new 24 mm Hyperion works superbly in binoviewers, and delivers the widest true field of any 24 mm wide field eyepiece. Some users with narrow interocular separation (like us) may find it is necessary to remove the thin rubber M54 protective ring, in order to increase the 'nose clearance'.
Baader Hyperions incorporate some unique and innovative aspects, which are designed to make them the ideal projection eyepiece. The optical design of the Hyperions enables them to work as an extremely sharp wide-field projection eyepiece for even large chip CCD and DSLRs.
The eyelens barrel has been provided with two different external threads, M43 and M54 (these are covered by the removable rubber eyecups). A complete system of adapter rings enables cameras to be directly (and rigidly) close-coupled for afocal projection, or variably extended for classical eyepiece projection imaging with our T-Adapter and Extension Tubes. A series of 16 threaded rings provides compatibility with just about every digital (CCD/DSLR) and videocamera made, even large and heavy 3-chip videocameras. For a complete listing of these adapters, please see HYPERION Digital T-Rings and Adapters.
The front negative lens element is designed to be removed (and exposes an M48 2" filter thread). This converts each Hyperion into a longer focal length high-quality projection eyepiece, giving the imager two choices of focal length with each eyepiece. NOTE: The 24 mm Hyperion is a different optical design and does not contain a removable front element. However, the Front Barrel can still be removed in order to attach 2" Filters in- between the 1.25" and 2" barrels. This is particularly convenient for users of 2" filters.
Hyperion Products - Available Sizes and Specifications:
- Hyperion Eyepiece, 3.5 mm (#HYP-3), wt 406 g (14.32 oz)
- Hyperion Eyepiece, 5 mm (#HYP-5), wt 401 g (14.14 oz)
- Hyperion Eyepiece, 8 mm (#HYP-8), wt 370 g (13.05 oz)
- Hyperion Eyepiece, 10 mm (#HYP-10), wt 391 g (13.79 oz)
- Hyperion Eyepiece, 13 mm (#HYP-13), wt 387 g (13.65 oz)
- Hyperion Eyepiece, 17 mm (#HYP-17), wt 385 g (13.58 oz)
- Hyperion Eyepiece, 21 mm (#HYP-21), wt 393 g (13.86 oz)
- Hyperion Eyepiece, 24 mm (#HYP-24), wt 311 g (11.00 oz)