- This visual back screws onto the 2" rear cell of Schmidt-Cassegrain or Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes.
- The eyepiece holder is designed to hold 1.25" eyepieces.
- Because of the design, this visual back can also accept any 1.25" barrel accessory.
- Using this allows for direct observations from an SCT.
- Using this accessory adapter allows users to use 2" accessories with Meade LX or ACF 200 telescopes.
- Note that the length of the adapter can cause a diagonal to contact the drive base when moving through the forks.
- The lower portion of the adapter can be removed to increases clearance.
- Meade's adapter is 2.9" in length and weighs 7 ounces.
When observing, it is crucial to outfit your eyepiece with the correct accessories. At High Point Scientific, we are committed to providing you with a diverse set of options so you can observe comfortably and easily all night long. We have accessories from the top brand in the industry, including Tele Vue, Meade, Baader, and many more.
When you purchase a new eyepiece, it often will not include all of the parts you need to secure it to your scope. Eyepiece manufacturers often will not provide accessories necessary for eyeglass wearers to use their products, such as eyeshields. This is why we offer eyepiece clamps, adapters, eyeshields, eyeguards, and other accessories so you can get the most out of your investment.
Then there are the essentials that observers do not even think about, such as dust caps. A simple accessory, dust caps are crucial to preserve your eyepiece’s optics. These caps prevent dust, dirt, and debris from slipping into the optics, which can lead to a costly procedure to remove. We recommend purchasing several of these because we often misplace such small accessories.