- This 2" Eyepiece Barrel Extender increases backfocus distance.
- Tele Vue's eyepiece barrel extender is threaded for 2" (48 mm) eyepiece filters.
- This extender can be attached to the 2" barrel of any Tele Vue dual size barrel 2"/1.25" eyepiece.
- If you cannot rack your focuser out enough to achieve focus, it is recommended you purchase the EBX-2120 (not included) as well.
- This eyepiece adapter adds additional in-travel for 1.25" eyepieces.
- Using this will adapt 1.25" eyepiece barrels to 2" focusers and diagonals.
- Tele Vue's Eyepiece Adapter is black in color.
- Adding this will change your Tele Vue Delos eyepiece to parfocal.
- This Tele Vue adapter can be used with any 1.25" eyepieces.
- The Questar adapter is CNC machined from solid aluminum stock.
- With blackened anti-reflection threads on the interior this adapter will give better contrast.
- A knurled, black anodized focusing ring and dual-location lock-screw makes sure everything is secure.
TeleVue has revolutionized what eyepieces can do for your scope. When Al Nagler was working with NASA as a professional optical designer, he developed eyepiece designs now used by astronomer all over the world. Al Nagler made TeleVue the leading manufacturer of telescope eyepieces as TeleVue continues to lead the charge today.
Introduced in 1980, the Nagler eyepieces are among the most iconic eyepieces on the market. These eyepieces continue to be a favorite among amateur astronomers because of their sweeping 82° field of view and their comfortable 17mm of eye relief. Not to mention the Naglers are made using high-quality optical glass in 7 elements. This new 7-element design update for the short focal length Nagler deserves its own designation. Using different exotic materials, coating processes and design ingenuity, Al Nagler has massaged more eye-relief, contrast, and true field of view into the shorter focal length Naglers, while maintaining the absolute sharpness of the originals.
The concept for the Ethos eyepiece series was proposed by Tele Vue President David Nagler, with performance parameters giving it the fundamental characteristics (the ethos) of a Tele Vue eyepiece: high contrast, comfortable eye relief, and full field sharpness. Control of astigmatism, field curvature, lateral color, angular magnification distortion correction, and low pupil sensitivity for daytime use were specified criteria. Sharp images are inherent to the optical design, but contrast is maximized through the intelligent use of flat finished baffles and ultra low reflectance, high-efficiency coatings tuned to the composition of each element. Apparent Field of View provided will be 100° or 110°, depending on the model chosen.
TeleVue offers many more great options for astronomers. Their affordable Plossl eyepieces offer the same high-quality optics you love about TeleVue, but will not break the bank. The Delos, Panoptic, and Delite eyepieces round out the eyepieces available today with many more fantastic options coming soon!