- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astrodon Clear Filter with UV-Blocking Only - 1.25" Threaded Cell - C2-27R
About Astrodon UV Blocking Filters
Astrodon filters are high performing, durable filters that provide significant aid for astrophotography and research pursuits. Each filter is constructed using a highly innovative process with a single high quality 3 mm thick fused silica substrate and full hard oxide sputtered coatings. Astrodon UV blocking filters come in two different varieties - a Luminance "L" filter that blocks both UV and NIR, and a Clear "C" filter that only blocks UV. The former is identical to the Luminance filter included with the both the E-Series and I-Series Astrodon LRGB filter sets. This filter provides at least 97% transmission between 400 nm and 700 nm, while the Clear filter provides at least 97% transmission up to 1000 nm.
Astrodon 1.25" UV Blocked Clear Filter
This 1.25" round unmounted Clear filter blocks UV light, but unlike the Luminance filter, does not block NIR light. This filter provides 50% transmission at 395 nm (395 nm cut-on) while transmitting 97% or better to 1000 nm and is parfocal with all other Astrodon filters including LRGB and Narrowband filters.
Astrodon 1.25" Threaded Cell Clear Filter Highlights
- Clear 1.25" threaded cell filter with UV blocking, but no NIR blocking
- Provides 97% or more transmittance up to 1000 nm
- 395 nm cut-on (50% transmission at 395 nm)
- 3 +/-0.025 mm single 1/4 wave fused silica substrate before coating
- 1/4-wave propagated wavefront before coating
- Parfocal with all other Astrodon filters
- Proudly manufactured in the USA