- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astrodon Gen2 I-Series LRGB Tru-Balance Filter Set - 49.7 mm Round Unmounted - LRGB2-I50R
About Astrodon Gen2 LRGB Filters
Astrodon filters are high performing, durable filters that provide significant aid for astrophotography and research pursuits. Each filter is constructed using a highly innovative process with a single high quality 3 mm thick fused silica substrate and full hard oxide sputtered coatings. Ideally suited for back-thinned and Sony detectors, Astrodon LRGB filters simplify imaging by requiring only a single exposure time, plus one corresponding dark exposure, rather than one for each color. This saves valuable imaging time and results in improved color separation and "Tru" color balance.
Astrodon 49.7 mm Round Gen2 I-Series LRGB Filter Set
Designed to roughly emulate the flux of Interline CCD detectors with compensation for the solar photon flux, Astrodon LRGB Gen2 I-Series Tru-Balance filters are able to offset the lower red response of these Interline detectors that impacts the Green and Red filters. The Luminance and Blue filters in this set are identical to those in Astrodon's E-Series set. This means your RGB color combine weights will be approximately 1:1:1 within perhaps 10% to enable exposures of equal length. While perfection can never be fully achieved, this streamlines imaging by making only one exposure time necessary for all RGB data and thus, only one corresponding dark exposure time, saving precious imaging time.
Astrodon 49.7 mm Round Gen2 I-Series LRGB Filter Set Highlights
- Set includes Luminance with UV and NIR blocking, as well as Red, Green, and Blue filters
- 50 mm round unmounted
- 3 +/-0.025 mm single 1/4 wave fused silica substrate before coating
- 30 arcsecond parallelism
- Approximately equal color combine weights for G2V white-point for Interline (I) detectors
- Equal RGB exposures with one corresponding dark exposure time
- Improved color separation (see transmission spectra)
- Improved color rendition for color theory based galaxies
- Virtually eliminates reflections and star halos
- Spectral "gap" between green and red filters minimizes the impact of light pollution
- Maximum efficiency blue filter with lower UV
- Correct "teal" OIII color for planetary nebulae (OIII signal over 97% in blue and green)
- Parfocal with both Astrodon's high performing narrowband and near-infrared Luminance filters
- Features solid, ultra-hard edge-to-edge sputtered coatings
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
Astrodon E-Series vs. I-Series LRGB Tru-Balance Filters
The sensor your camera uses determines whether you need the I-Series LRGB filter set or the E-Series LRGB filter set. Cameras with Progressive Scan sensors (including front as well as back illuminated sensors) are compatible with E-Series filters, while cameras with Interline Transfer sensors are compatible with I-Series filters. Identifying the type of sensor your camera uses is not always an easy task. This information is frequently missing from both the specification and the manual. Therefore you may need to check with the sensor manufacturer. If you still can't identify the type of sensor employed by your camera, it is best to use the E-Series filter set.
Image depicts mounted filters. The filters you will receive are unmounted.