- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS Canon EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - CLS-EOSXL
Astronomik CLS Canon EOS XL Clip Filter
for Canon 5D Mk II,5D Mk III, and 6D
- This Astronomik CLS EOS XL Clip Filter uses the Canon EOS Clip format designed for full frame Canon EOS cameras that have an IR blocking filter over their detector
- Your Canon EOS camera's standard operations such as focus, image stabilization, etc. will not be influenced by using this filter
- This filter has been optimized to simultaneously block out as much spurious light as possible while providing the best performance for desirable wavelengths
- The CLS Filter is a great for photographing deep-sky-objects with telescopes or photo lenses of all apertures, operating at f/3 and above
- Makes for an excellent light pollution filter as it blocks the light of the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing optics of superior quality!
- Compatible with full format Canon Cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, and 6D
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik CLS Canon EOS XL Clip Filter
The Astronomik CLS EOS XL Clip Filter is suitable for use with full frame Canon EOS DSLR Cameras under light-polluted conditions, for astronomical use. This filter further highlights the contrast between your selected object and the background. Due to its wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, a greater quantity of light will be transmitted by this CLS filter. Stars will appear less dim. This filter has been optimized to obstruct the greatest amount of spurious light possible while, at the same time, providing the finest performance for desirable wavelengths. Does not block long-wavelength Infrared light.By impeding the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, but allowing a large portion of visible light and H-alpha emissions to get through, the CLS filter efficiently restricts most encompassing light pollution, which can ruin your images. This filter is designed for use with lenses of all apertures, operating at f/3 and above. With the Astronomik EOS-XL Clip Filter, astrophotography with DSLR cameras is possible even with severe light pollution without shifting the white balance. All Astronomik filters are parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. There is no drop in optical performance. This filter is impervious to scratches, as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. Astronomik filters include a superior quality, long-lasting plastic storage container.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's exclusive Clip-Filter system is made with black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on contemporary machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to be used with full format Canon Digital SLR camera bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This clip filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body within seconds using nothing but your fingers. Removal is just as easy. No tools or adjustments are necessary, and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, are unaffected. The Astronomik Clip-Filter system also shields your sensor from dust accumulation when taking extended exposures. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Passes wavelengths from 450 nm to 540 nm and from 640 nm and above
- Passes Infrared wavelengths