- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS Canon EOS XT Clip Filter - CLS-EOS-XT
Astronomik CLS XT Clip Filter for Canon EOS
- Astronomik XT Clip format CLS light pollution reduction filter for Canon EOS cameras which have an IR blocking filter over their detector
- This Astronomik XT EOS APS-C clip filter enhances image quality by providing magnificent star images to the corners of the view field, allowing users to fully benefit from Astronomik clip filters even when capturing ultra wide angle photos with short focal length instruments
- At only 0.3 mm thick, XT clip filter glass is much thinner compared to other Astronomik filters which have 1 mm thick glass
- All of your Canon EOS camera's common operations, such as focus, image stabilization, etc., will be unaffected by attaching this filter
- This filter has been developed to block out as much artificial light as possible while, at the same time, enabling the best performance for useful wavelengths
- Multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters provide protection against scratching, aging, and high humidity
- German-made for optics of high quality!
More About Astronomik CLS EOS Clip Filters
For astronomical use under light-polluted conditions, this Astronomik CLS Filter is suitable for use with standard Canon EOS DSLR Cameras. The CLS Filter further brings out the contrast between your target object and the background. Since this filter has a wider transmission curve when compared with UHC filters, the CLS will transmit more light. Stars will appear sharper. The Astronomik CLS Filter has been enhanced to simultaneously obstruct as much artifical light as possible while providing the finest performance for preferred wavelengths. This filter will not block long-wavelength Infrared light.By impeding the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, but allowing a large portion of visible light and H-alpha emissions to get through, the CLS filter efficiently restricts most encompassing light pollution, which can ruin your images. This filter is designed for use with lenses of all apertures, operating at f/3 and above. Astronomik EOS-Clip model filters enable astrophotography with DSLR cameras despite severe light-polluting conditions without white balance shift. All Astronomik filters are parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Does not reduce optical effectiveness. This filter offers high resistance to scratches and the effects of aging, as well as high humidity. Astronomik filters come with a high-quality, durable, plastic storage case.
Astronomik XT Clip Filter System
This patented Astronomik Clip-Filter system consists of black anodized aluminum construction and is laser-cut on ultra modern machinery. Long a popular accessory in the astrophotography community, Astronomik clip filters are known to cause issues regarding image quality when shooting extremely wide angle images with short focal length instruments. However, XT clip filters are able to overcome this due to their incredibly thin 0.3 mm glass substrate. Despite their severe thinness compared to standard Astronomik filters which are 1 mm thick, Astronomik XT filters still feature the same multi-layer coating technology. These coatings provide complete protection against the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Blocks undesired wavelengths