- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS CCD Canon EOS Clip Filter - CLSCCD-EOS
Astronomik CLS CCD Canon EOS Clip Filter
- With a Canon EOS Clip format, the Astronomik CLS CCD EOS Clip Filter is made for Canon DSLRs which have had their original IR filter taken out
- All of your Canon EOS camera's common operations, such as focus, image stabilization, etc., will be unaffected by attaching this filter
- This filter has been optimized to simultaneously block as much spurious light as possible while providing the greatest performance for desirable wavelengths
- The Astronomik CLS CCD Filter is great for deep sky imaging with f/3 focal ratio and above telescopes or photo lenses of any aperture
- The EOS Clip Filter features identical transmission characteristics as the CLS CCD Filter, but obstructs the far infrared which becomes an issue when the EOS camera has its IR filter removed
- Serves as a terrific light pollution filter by blocking light from mercury and sodium-vapor sources
- German-manufactured for excellent optical quality!
More About the Astronomik CLS CCD Canon EOS Clip Filter
Blocks the spectral lines from mercury and sodium-vapor sources such as street lamps, while permitting a large portion of desirable visible light and h-alpha emissions to pass, thereby eliminating most of the encompassing light pollution that can tarnish your images. Enhanced for use with all aperture lenses, working at f/3 and above.
With the Astronomik EOS Clip model, astrophotography using DSLR cameras in a severely light-polluted environment is possible. If you want to produce color images using emission line data, the Astronomik CLS-CCD filter is an excellent option for the Luminance channel. All Astronomik filters are parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Your system's optical performance will not be negatively affected. This filter is also highly resistant to blemishes caused by aging, scratches, and high humidity. Astronomik filters arrive in a durable plastic storage container of superior quality.
Modified for astronomical use, the Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter is suitable for use with DSLR cameras under light-polluted skies. Highlights the difference between celestial objects and the background. Since the CLS-CCD Clip Filter has a wider transmission curve than the UHC filter, it transmits a greater amount of light. Stars will appear less dimmed. This filter has been enhanced to block as much artificial light as possible, and, at the same time, allow the finest performance for preferred wavelengths.
Astronomik EOS Clip Filter System
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter has been assembled from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. Within seconds, it can be inserted straight into the EOS camera body. No changes necessary and all lens operations such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, are still functional! Besides the EF-S series, all Canon system lenses, along with all M42 and T2 lens adapters, are suitable for the Astronomik Clip-Filter system. This system also provides an efficient method for keeping dust from settling on the sensor when taking long exposures.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Passes wavelengths from 450 nm to 540 nm and from 640 nm to 690 nm
- Blocks the far Infrared wavelengths