- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS CCD Canon EOS XT Clip Filter - CLSCCD-EOS-XT
Astronomik CLS CCD XT Clip Filter for Canon EOS
- This Astronomik CLS CCD light pollution reduction filter in XT clip format works with Canon EOS DSLR cameras which feature an IR blocking filter covering their detector
- Enjoy the full benefits of Astronomik clip filters for fine star images all the way to the corners of the field even when attempting to capture extremely wide angle shots using short focal length telescopes with this Astronomik XT EOS APS-C clip filter
- The glass substrate this XT clip filter is mounted on is a miniscule 0.3 mm, much thinner than the 1 mm substrate that all other Astronomik filters contain
- In addition to DSLR cameras, CLS CCD light pollution filters are also a great option for both CCD and black & white film photography, as well as for observing deep sky targets using f/3 and above telescopes or photo lenses of all apertures
- All standard operations of your Canon EOS, such as focus and image stabilization, will remain unaffected by attaching this filter
- This filter has been optimized to simultaneously block as much spurious light as possible while providing the greatest performance for desirable wavelengths
- Each Astronomik filter contains multi-layer coatings for complete protection from defects caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing high quality optics!
More About Astronomik CLS CCD EOS Clip Filters
Canon DSLR Cameras have been remodeled for astronomical use, making them suitable for use with CLS-CCD EOS clip filters in an extremely light-polluted environment. This filter highlights the contrast between the background and your selected object. It also has a wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, transmitting more light to render stars that are less dimmed. Astronomik CLS-CCD clip filters have been optimized to simultaneously intercept as much spurious light as possible while providing the best performance for approved wavelengths.Blocks the spectral lines from mercury and sodium-vapor sources such as street lamps, while permitting a large portion of desirable visible light and h-alpha emissions to pass, thereby eliminating most of the encompassing light pollution that can tarnish your images. Enhanced for use with all aperture lenses, working at f/3 and above. This is an excellent filter for deep sky observing, as well as for DSLR, CCD, and black & white film applications. The CLS-CCD Filter eliminates most surrounding light pollution, doing away with that irritating orange glare. With the Astronomik EOS Clip model, astrophotography using DSLR cameras in a severely light-polluted environment is possible. If you want to produce color images using emission line data, the Astronomik CLS-CCD filter is an excellent option for the Luminance channel. All Astronomik filters are parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Your system's optical performance will not be negatively affected. This filter is also highly resistant to blemishes caused by aging, scratches, and high humidity. Astronomik filters arrive in a durable plastic storage container of superior quality.
Astronomik XT Clip Filter System
Constructed using black anodized aluminum, this proprietary Clip-Filter system from Astronomik is produced on the most advanced, state-of-the-art machinery. Astronomik Clip Filters have long been a well-received accessory among astrophotographers. With these Astronomik XT clip filters, capturing extremely wide-angle images is now possible without compromising image quality at the corners. This is due to an ultra-thin carrier substrate of only 0.3 mm. Astronomik XT filters contain the same multi-layer coating technology as all other Astronomik filters, despite this ultra-thin glass. They offer full resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Obstructs undesired wavelengths