- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter - 27 mm Round - CLSCCD-27
Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter - 27 mm Round
- Intercepts light from mercury and sodium-vapor spectral lines while letting the largest section of visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass through, thus eradicating much of that irritating orange glare resulting from light pollution in heavily populated areas
- See more stars and nebula detail with this Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter
- In addition to serving as an excellent imaging filter, the Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter is also ideal for deep sky observing with telescopes of any aperture or photo lens with an f/3 focal ratio and above
- Presented in a round 27 mm format
- Allows nearly 100% transmission in the visual and H-alpha area of the spectrum, 450 nm to 530 nm
- Multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters provide protection against scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing high quality optics!
More About Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filters
DSLR Cameras have been remodeled for astronomical use, making them suitable for use with the CLS-CCD Filter in an extremely light-polluted environment. This filter highlights the contrast between the background and your selected object. It also has a wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, transmitting more light to render stars that are less dimmed. The Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter has been optimized to simultaneously intercept as much spurious light as possible while providing the best performance for approved wavelengths.An excellent filter for deep sky observing, as well as for DSLR, CCD, and black & white film applications. The CLS-CCD Filter eliminates most surrounding light pollution, doing away with that irritating orange glare. Best equipped for use with f/3 and above focal ratio telescopes or photo lenses of any aperture, this filter will completely block emissions from artifical light sources while permitting light from desired wavelengths to pass. The Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter offers more convenient Double Star resolution. If you want to produce color images from emission line data, this filter is a great option for the Luminance channel. As with all Astronomik filters, the CLS-CCD is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It has a thickness of only 1 mm and is extremely resistant to scratching as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. Plus, this filter is diffraction limited and will not lessen your telescope's optical efficiency. All Astronomik filters come with a long-lasting plastic storage container of superior quality.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Rejects superfluous wavelengths