- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter - 31 mm Round - CLSCCD-31
Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter - 31 mm
- Eliminates the resulting orange glare from urban light pollution by permitting the largest section of visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass while obstructing the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor
- The Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter shows additional star and nebula detail
- The Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter is a great choice for deep sky observing with telescopes or photo lenses of any aperture with f/3 and above focal ratios, as well as for DSLR, CCD, and black & white film photography
- Allows close to 100% transmission from 450 nm to 530 nm which encompasses the visible light and h-alpha portions of the spectrum
- Like all Astronomik filters, the 31 mm CLS-CCD has multi-layer coatings to protect against scratching, aging and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country noted for producing high quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 31 mm CLS-CCD Filter
DSLR Cameras have been remodeled for astronomical use, making them suitable for use with the CLS-CCD Filter in an extremely light-polluted environment. This filter highlights the contrast between the background and your selected object. It also has a wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, transmitting more light to render stars that are less dimmed. The Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter has been optimized to simultaneously intercept as much spurious light as possible while providing the best performance for approved wavelengths.
The Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter intercepts unwanted mercury and sodium-vapor spectral lines while allowing the desirable visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass. This enables the CLS-CCD Filter to block out most of the encompassing light pollution, doing away with that bothersome orange glare. Great for DSLR, CCD, black & white film photography, and deep sky viewing, this filter works best with lenses of all apertures that have f/3 and above focal ratios.
Alternative uses for the Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter include easier Double Star resolution, and emission line data color imaging in the Luminance channel. As with all Astronomik filters, the CLS-CCD is parfocal with all other filters made by Astronomik. It is highly resistant to scratching, aging, and high humidity, and has a thickness of only 1 mm. This filter is also diffraction limited so you won't experience any drop off in your telescope's optical performance. Like all Astronomik filters, the CLS-CCD comes with a high-quality, long-lasting plastic storage case.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540 nm and beyond 650 nm