- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - HA12-EOSXL
Astronomik H-Alpha 12nm Canon EOS XL Clip Filter
for Canon 5D Mk II,5D Mk III, and 6D
- The Astronomik HA12 EOS XL Clip Filter employs the Canon EOS Clip format made for full frame EOS cameras
- Developed with the most important technical principles in mind, this filter offers the optical performance you want for deep sky imaging with a Canon EOS camera
- Allows H-Alpha light sources to pass while blocking nearly the entire remainder of the visual spectrum, including IR
- 12 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Perfect for imaging planetary nebulae and remnants of supernovae; plus it blocks all excess light pollution
- Made in Germany, a country noted for high quality optics!
- Compatible with full format Canon Cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, and 6D
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm EOS XL Clip Filter
For deep sky astrophotography with full frame Canon EOS cameras under light-polluted skies, the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm EOS Full Frame Clip Filter is ideal. Its 12 nm FWHM is optimal for Canon cameras, enabling the use of very fast optics. F/number application range spans from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, something that can be a nuisance with other filters, only happen when super bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more are used. It should also be acknowledged that this filter has a transmission of up to 99%. Another asset of this 12 nm filter is the easy availability of guide stars for cameras with an incorporated autoguider.
The Astronomik H-Alpha EOS XL Clip Filter enhances the contrast between objects with H-Alpha emission lines and the background. By completely concealing emission lines from artificial light sources such as mercury and sodium-vapor, this filter serves as an excellent way to combat light pollution. Due to the superior optical quality of its substrate, you'll be able to view needle-sharp stars identical to what you would see from your normal telescope when using this filter.
All undesirable wavelengths in the visible light and IR bands of the spectrum are blocked entirely by the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm EOS XL Clip Filter. Designed to be easily installed in Canon EOS cameras, this filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It features a very thin substrate and is diffraction limited for maintaining your telescope's current level of optical performance. This H-Alpha 12 nm EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter is also highly resistant to damage caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity. All Astronomik filters come with a superior quality, long-lasting plastic storage box.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's proprietary Clip-Filter system is made of black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most up-to-date machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to work with Canon DSLR cameras with full format bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This Clip-Filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body using only your fingers in a matter of seconds. Removal is also quick and easy. No tools or adjustments needed and all lens operations like focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to function normally! In addition, during long exposures, Astronomik's Clip-Filter system keeps dust at bay so it doesn't gather on your sensor. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
- 97+% transmission for the H-Alpha line
- Blocks nearly the whole remainder of the visual spectrum
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths in the infrared
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.