- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm CCD Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter - HA6-SONY
Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm CCD Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter
- Mounted in a Sony Alpha 7 clip format, this Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm CCD Filter works with MkI, MkII, and MkIII versions of Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s model cameras
- Produced with regards to the highest technical standards to facilitate ideal optical performance for deep sky imaging
- Simultaneously allows H-Alpha emissions to pass and blocks almost the entire remainer of the visual spectrum including IR
- Approximately 12 nm FWHM
- Blocks all undesirable light pollution and is ideal for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- German-designed for high optical quality!
More About Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm CCD Filters
For CCD imaging with instruments as fast as f/3.5, the Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm Filter is an excellent narrow emission-line filter. Not suitable for visual or solar applications. This filter offers complete blockage of all areas of the spectrum with the exception of h-alpha light from emission nebulae.With a 6 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM), this filter is optimized to display maximum contrast between objects in the h-alpha spectral area, emission nebulae for example, and the skyglow background. While the 12 nm offers similar functionality, the 6 nm provides higher contrast gain because of its smaller FWHM. As a compromise, some background stars will be dimmed or completely eliminated from the final image. To avoid this, use both the 6 nm and 12 nm filters together to allow for maximum contrast without any reduction in your final image's background quality. Due to its complete elimination of mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) emissions lines, the primary culprits of light pollution, the Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha CCD Filter is a great option for imaging under severely light-polluted skies.
Astronomik Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter System
Made from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut using ultra modern machinery, this patented Astronomik Clip-Filter can be directly inserted into the camera body of MkI, MkII, and MkIII versions of Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s models in just seconds. No modifications are required and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to be operational! In addition, this system also serves as a dust protector, preventing dust from accumulating on your sensor during long exposures.
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.