- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik LRGB Filter Set - 2" Round Mounted - LRGB-2
Astronomik LRGB Filter Set - 2" Round Mounted
- The Astronomik LRGB Type 2c Filter Set includes Red, Green, Blue, and Luminance (UV & IR-Cutoff) filters, each mounted in a round 2" cell
- Almost 100% transmission for each filter
- No additional filter is necessary as each filter in this set blocks the IR
- Coatings protect amazingly well against high humidity, scratching, and the effects of aging
- Diffraction limited, these filters will not reduce the optical quality of your telescope system
- Astronomik has altered the transmissions of each filter for optimal color reproduction for simple image processing by the user
- High transmission results in the quickest possible exposure times
- German-made for superior optical quality!
More About the Astronomik 2" LRGB Filter Set
These filters provide natural color reproduction of planets and stars as well as emission and reflection nebulae. With transmission properties optimized for CCD astrophotography, these Astronomik 2" round, mounted LRGB filters allow acquisition of images in the correct color for all types of objects. Astronomik filters offer the best color reproduction possible. Unlike filters from other brands that have to make unusual compromises. Achieve true color reproduction of stars as well as celestial objects that emit only in spectral lines. Your final images will have perfect colors, as if the objects were bright enough to see in the daylight. This feature represents the fundamental difference between Astronomik filters and filters made by other manufacturers.
Astronomik doesn't end their thought process at the picture taking step. They know astrophotographers want an instrument that enables a simple, elegant editing process. For color retention, Astronomik has figured this filter set for the sRGB color space, a well-established industry standard for most makers of monitors, printers, and imaging software. The spectrum is split into its four components: red, green, blue, and luminance. This allows color separation to be achieved with pure black & white CCD sensors. This separation correlates to the color sensitivity of the human eye per DIN 5032. By utilizing the sRGB color space, there will be no reduction in the color during the entire processing and output of the image. The combination of your CCD camera and these L-RGB filters from Astronomik permit the creation of optimal raw material for sRGB color space image processing.
Astronomik filters are parfocal with wedge errors under all typical margins because of the carrier substrate's high-precision machining. Diffraction limited, these filters will not be the bottleneck in an otherwise high-quality optical system. No longer will you have to worry about focal distance problems or the precise location of the images in each color image! All filters in this set are completely impervious to the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity. Each filter arrives with its own long-lasting plastic storage case of superior quality.
- 99+% transmission for each individual color band
- Obstructs undesired infrared wavelengths