- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - EOS XL Full Frame Clip - OIIICCD6-EOSXL
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Canon EOS Full Frame Clip Filter
- This Astronomik OIII CCD Filter in a Canon EOS Full Frame Clip format is made for Canon EOS cameras which feature an IR blocking filter on the detector
- Standard Canon EOS camera operations like focus, image stabilization, etc. will not be effected by the use of this filter
- Designed to simultaneously block as much unwanted light as possible while allowing maximum performance for desirable wavelengths
- Transmission in each OIII line is nearly 100%
- FWHM bandwidth is about 12 nm
- Ideally equipped for planetary nebulae and supernova remnant imaging
- Coatings protect this filter remarkably well against scratching, aging, and humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope
- Works best for telescopes with a 6" (152 mm) or more aperture
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing high quality optics!
- Compatible with full format Canon Cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, and 6D
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - EOS XL Clip
The Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD, a narrowband emission line filter, is made to support full frame Canon EOS DSLR Cameras for CCD astrophotography. Enables the flow of light from doubly ionized oxygen emission nebulae while blocking nearly the complete remainder of the spectrum where the CCD is sensitive.
This filter's 6 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum) helps it intensify contrast between objects in the OIII line, such as emission nebulae, and the skyglow background. Even though the 12 nm provides comparable performance, the reduced 6 nm FWHM enables greater contrast gain. The drawback of this is seen in the final image where some background stars are faint or don't appear at all. This is why it is best to use both 6 nm and 12 nm together for maximum contrast while maintaining the quality of the background in your final image. The 6 nm FWHM is matched to provide first-rate performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with excessively low dark current! This filter is the ideal choice for observing from a location with severe light pollution, or for imaging faint objects in heavily crowded regions of the Milky Way.
Artificial emission lines such as mercury and sodium-vapor from street lamps, as well as skyglow, are completely suppressed with the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter. Transmission reductions and chromatic aberrations, sometimes a problem with other filters, are only seen with Astronomik filters when extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and above come into play. In addition, this filter incorporates an IR-blocker up to 1150 nm so you no longer need an extra IR-blocking filter.
Using the Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD EOS XL Clip Filter together with H-alpha and SII CCD filters allows tri-color images of gas nebulae and other emission line objects to be achieved regardless of light pollution severity. To that end, you would have to capture the image in three separate wavelengths, select each wavelength as a color-channel in Photoshop, and finally paste them together as an individual color image. This filter is diffraction limited and thus will not have any negative impact on your telescope's optical performance. All Astronomik filters are delivered in a durable, high quality plastic filter container. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's exclusive Clip-Filter system is made with black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on contemporary machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to be used with full format Canon Digital SLR camera bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This clip filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body within seconds using nothing but your fingers. Removal is just as easy. No tools or adjustments are necessary, and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, are unaffected. The Astronomik Clip-Filter system also shields your sensor from dust accumulation when taking extended exposures. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
- Over 99% transmission in both OIII lines
- Blocks undesired wavelengths in other regions of the visible spectrum