- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - P642-EOSXL
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass EOS XL Clip Filter
The most recent addition to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR-pass filter family, the ProPlanet 642 BP facilitates an extensive array of applications for daytime IR photography, high resolution Moon and planetary imaging, and taking awe-inspiring photos of deep sky targets in the H-Alpha portion of the spectrum when used for astro-imaging.
This filter offers a 200 nm spectral window between 642 nm and 842 nm. Contrary to the other two ProPlanet filters carried by Astronomik, the longer infrared is blocked by the P642. Together with ProPlanet 742 and 807 filters, Astronomik is now giving users three options for their IR-imaging needs. For best imaging, the ProPlanet 642 will often be the optimal selection.
- High contrast images feature superb color rendition
- Transparent images with "wood effect"
- No longer IR hot spot
- Short exposure times similar to regular VIS-imaging
- Ideally suited for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Efficient decrease in seeing
- Optimized contrast
- Longer IR is blocked to remove ghosting and facilitate maximum sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Excellent 656 nm H-Alpha line transmission
- Approximately 40 nm FWHM with astro-modified DSLR cameras
- Spectacular contrast in moonlight or with severe light pollution
- Reasonably priced filter for casual H-Alpha imagers
- Simple focusing enabled by the combination of camera display and LiveView
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass EOS XL Clip Filter Highlights
- Over 96% transmission for wavelengths in the 642 nm to 842 nm range
- Blocks wavelengths between 350 nm and 630 nm
- Parfocal with all filters made by Astronomik
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Fully insulated from the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and therefore will not compromise the optical performance of your telescope
- Astronomik filters include a long-lasting, high quality plastic storage case
- German-designed for supreme optical quality
- Compatible with Canon full frame 5D MK II, 5D MK III, and 6D DSLR cameras
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's proprietary Clip-Filter system is made of black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most up-to-date machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to work with Canon DSLR cameras with full format bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This Clip-Filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body using only your fingers in a matter of seconds. Removal is also quick and easy. No tools or adjustments needed and all lens operations like focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to function normally! In addition, during long exposures, Astronomik's Clip-Filter system keeps dust at bay so it doesn't gather on your sensor. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.