- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik Red Type 2c Filter - 31 mm Round - R-31
Astronomik 31 mm Round Red Filter
- 31 mm Round Type 2c Filter from Astronomik in Red with nearly 100% transmission
- Coatings offer complete protection against the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and thus will not reduce the optical efficiency of your telescope
- Astronomik has adjusted this filter's transmission for color reproduction that is optimally suited for simple image processing
- High transmission enables the shortest exposure times possible
- Additional filters are not required as this filter already obstructs IR wavelengths
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing optics of superior quality!
More About Astronomik 31 mm LRGB Filters
Astronomik LRGB filters provide natural color reproduction of planets and stars as well as emission and reflection nebulae. With transmission properties optimized for CCD astrophotography, these Astronomik 31 mm round LRGB filters allow acquisition of images in the correct color for all types of objects. Astronomik filters offer the best color reproduction possible. Unlike filters from other brands that have to make unusual compromises. Achieve true color reproduction of stars as well as celestial objects that emit only in spectral lines. Your final images will have perfect colors, as if the objects were bright enough to see in the daylight. This feature represents the fundamental difference between Astronomik filters and filters made by other manufacturers.For Astronomik, capturing the image is only the first step. They are aware that astrophotographers want a way to make editing an easy, efficient procedure. In order to preserve image color, Astronomik has calculated this filter set for the sRGB color space, a well-established standard for producers of monitors, printers, and imaging software. The spectrum is split into red, green, blue, and luminance components. This makes color separation possible with true black & white CCD sensors. Per DIN 5032, this separation agrees with the human eye's color sensitivity. Use of the sRGB color space allows image color to be maintained throughout the full image processing and output. The Astronomik 31 mm LRGB filter set gives you the ideal raw material necessary for image processing in the sRGB color space. Due to the high-precision machining of the carrier substrate, Astronomik filters are parfocal with wedge errors below all usual margins. Astronomik filters are diffraction limited to keep them from being the weak link in an otherwise high-quality optical system. Focal distance problems as well as the precise location of the images in each color image are no longer concerns! These filters also offer total resistance to scratching, high humdity, and the effects of aging. Each filter comes with its own high-quality, long-lasting plastic storage box.
- Above 99% transmission
- Obstructs undesirable Infrared wavelengths