- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - M52 Round Mounted - SII-M52
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - M52
- Designed for astrophotography, this Astronomik SII CCD Filter comes in a round M52 threaded cell
- Made to the highest technical standards to provide the optical efficiency necessary to execute deep sky imaging operations using your CCD camera
- Ionized sulfur (SII) light is allowed to be transmitted while the whole remainder of the visual spectrum plus IR is blocked
- 12 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Best suited for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing high quality optics!
More About Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filters
This SII CCD Filter from Astronomik is the ultimate narrowband imaging filter. For common CCD cameras, this filter's 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) is ideal as it allows extremely fast optics to be employed. The f/number application range is between 1:2.8 and 1:15. Astronomik filters only experience transmission losses and chromatic distortions when severely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are involved, whereas they arise much more frequently with other filters. An additonal advantage of 12 nm filters is the enhanced guide star availability for cameras with an integrated autoguider. The Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter has a transmission of up to 99%.An excellent filter for dealing with heavy light pollution, the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter boosts contrast between objects in the SII emission line and the skyglow background while completely suppressing the emission lines of artificial mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) light, as well as skyglow. With the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter, you'll observe razor sharp stars identical to those you're used to seeing with your regular telescope due to the supreme quality of the substrate. All unwanted visible and IR spectral band wavelengths are fully obstructed with this M52 Threaded SII 12 nm CCD Filter from Astronomik. Like all Astronomik filters, the M52 SII 12 nm CCD Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It has an ultra thin substrate and is diffraction limited to preserve your telescope's optical performance. Coatings offer total protection from scratching as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. All Astronomik filters arrive in a long-lasting, supreme quality plastic storage container.
- 97%+ transmission for the ionized sulfur (SII) line
- The remainder of the visual spectrum is almost entirely blocked
- Blocks unnecessary wavelengths in the infrared