- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - SII6-EOSXL
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - EOS XL Full Frame Clip
- Full frame EOS clip format 6 nm SII CCD Filter from Astronomik made for full-format bodied Canon DSLR Cameras including 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, and 6D
- Specifically made for the purpose of CCD astrophotography
- Created to the highest technical standards for the high optical performance necessary for Canon EOS DSLR deep sky imaging
- Allows light from ionized sulfur (SII) emissions to be transmitted while blocking almost the complete rest of the visible spectrum as well as IR
- FWHM bandwidth of nearly 6 nm
- Best-suited for imaging supernova remnants and planetary nebulae
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing high quality optics!
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD EOS Full Frame Clip Filter
An ultra narrow emission-line filter for use with full-format Canon EOS DSLR cameras as well as instruments as fast as f/3.5, this SII 6 nm Canon EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter is for CCD astrophotography operations only. This filter is insufficient for visual or solar applications. Permits ionized sulfur (SII) emission nebulae light to pass through to your sensor while offering total elimination of the remainder of the spectrum.
This Astronomik SII CCD EOS XL Clip Filter features a reduced FWHM of 6 nm, making it optimal for displaying peak contrast between SII light objects like emission nebulae, and the background sky. While the 6 nm filter provides performance similar to the 12 nm, it also delivers a higher contrast gain. On the negative side, the use of 6 nm FWHM filters can result in much fainter background stars, with some not visible at all. Therefore, to obtain the highest possible contrast without compromising your final image's background quality, it is best to use both the 6 nm and 12 nm SII filters in conjunction.
Because this filter offers full elimination of mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) emissions, principal light pollution offenders, it serves as a great imaging filter when light pollution levels are higher than ideal.
As with all filters made by Astronomik, the SII 6 nm EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Futhermore, multi-layer coatings on this filter protect against damage resulting from scratching, aging, and high humidity. Delivered with a long-lasting, high quality plastic storage case.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's proprietary Clip-Filter system is made of black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most up-to-date machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to work with Canon DSLR cameras with full format bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This Clip-Filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body using only your fingers in a matter of seconds. Removal is also quick and easy. No tools or adjustments needed and all lens operations like focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to function normally! In addition, during long exposures, Astronomik's Clip-Filter system keeps dust at bay so it doesn't gather on your sensor. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
- 96% SII line transmission is common
- Full occlusion of unwanted light from UV up to IR is provided