- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS Light Pollution Filter - 36 mm Round - CLS-36
Astronomik 36 mm CLS Light Pollution Filter
- Eliminates the resulting orange glare from urban light pollution by permitting the largest section of visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass while obstructing the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor
- Displays more star and nebula characteristics
- Works best with telescopes that have a filter to telescope aperture ratio of 1:3 to 1:15
- Round 36 mm format
- The Astronomik 36 mm CLS Filter provides close to 100% transmission between 450 nm and 530 nm which encompasses the visual and h-alpha part of the spectrum
- Astronomik filters have multi-layer coatings for protecting against scratching, aging and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for their high-quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 36 mm CLS Filter:
For imaging deep sky objects like star clusters, nebulae and galaxies in black & white as well as color with astronomical equipment of any size, the Astronomik CLS Filter is an excellent choice. By blocking the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, and letting the largest part of the visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass, the CLS filter cuts off most surrounding light pollution, eliminating that annoying orange glare. Developed for use with filter to aperture ratios of 1:3 to 1:15. By staying within these parameters, aberrations and coma are eliminated.
Astronomik filters are parfocal with other Astronomik filters. The Astronomik 36 mm CLS Light Pollution Filter has a thickness of only 1 mm. It is highly resistant to scratches and aging effects, as well as high humidity. Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope! Astronomik filters include a high-quality, long lasting, plastic storage box.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540 nm and beyond 650 nm