- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik IR Blocking Filter - 1.25" - IR-1
Astronomik 1.25" IR Blocking Filter
When sensors with low sensitivity in the UV area of the spectrum (e.g. Webcam, Meade DSI and LPI, and most video systems) are employed, this Astronomik IR-Blocking Filter should be used as standard equipment. Place this filter ahead of your camera to do away with all IR-caused nuisances such as that bright halo effect surrounding objects as well as general image softness.
Comparing the Astronomik IR Blocker's transmission data with data from alternative sources, you'll find that the majority of other manufacturers would label this an UV-IR blocker already. However, the filter Astronomik labels a "UV-IR blocker" is finer than any UV-IR blocker available from any other manufacturer in the world!
The Astronomik 1.25" IR-Blocking Filter is enhanced for systems with focal ratios ranging from f/0.5 to f/50. Typical transmission is above 99%. It can be used as a dust protector for DSLR cameras as well as Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newtonian, or Maksutov telescopes; as a substitute for the UV-IR blocker provided your camera has low sensitivity at short wavelengths; and as an alternative to the MC Clear filter provided your system does not contain any refracting elements.
Astronomik IR-Blocking Filter - 1.25" Highlights
- Blocks all IR light without restricting the visual portion of the spectrum
- Serves as an excellent dust protector for your telescope or camera
- Parfocal with all other filters from Astronomik
- Offers total resistance to the impacts of scratches, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not have a negative influence on your telescope system's optical performance
- The Astronomik 1.25" IR-Blocking Filter comes with a long-lasting plastic storage container of superior quality