- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik IR Blocking Filter - 2" Round Mounted - IR-2
Astronomik 2" IR-Blocking Filter Highlights
- Obstructs all IR light while not inhibiting the visible area of the spectrum
- Offers superb dust protection for your telescope or camera
- Parfocal with all other Astronomik filters
- Provides complete resistance to scratching as well as the effects of aging and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and thus will not compromise your telescope's optical performance
- The Astronomik 2" IR Blocker is delivered with a long-lasting, supreme quality plastic storage case
Astronomik IR-Blocking Filter - 2" Round Mounted
Astronomik IR-Blocking filters are optimally suited for when low sensitivity sensors in the UV portion of the spectrum, such as with Webcams, Meade DSI and LPI, and most video systems, are being used. With this filter placed in front of your DSLR camera, common IR induced nuisances like bright halos surrounding objects and overall image softness are completely eliminated.
When compared with transmission data from other sources, the Astronomik IR Blocking Filter is already what the majority of other manufacturers would call a UV-IR blocking filter. However, what Astronomik determines to be a "UV-IR blocker" bests any UV-IR blocker available from any manufacturer on Earth!
Optimized for systems featuring focal ratios spanning from f/0.5 to f/50, the Astronomik 2" IR-Blocking Filter has a typical transmission above 99%. It can be used in lieu of the UV-IR Blocker if your camera has low sensitivity at short wavelengths; to protect your DSLR camera or Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newtonian, or Maksutov telescope from dust; and, if your system does not have any refracting elements, as a substitution for the MC Clear filter.