- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik IR Blocking Filter - T-Mount - IR-T
Astronomik IR Blocking Filter - T-Mount
Astronomik IR-Blocking Filters should be used when sensors with low sensitivity in the UV portion of the spectrum (e.g. Webcam, Meade DSI and LPI, and most video systems) are involved. With this filter placed in front of your DSLR camera, those IR-caused problems like bright halos around objects and overall image softness are a thing of the past.
Transmission data from the Astronomik IR Blocking Filter, when compared with data from other sources, makes this filter akin to what most manufacturers would call a UV-IR blocker even now. But what Astronomik calls a "UV-IR blocker" is superior to any UV-IR blocker available from any manufacturer anywhere in the world!
Optimized for systems featuring focal ratios spanning from f/0.5 to f/50, the Astronomik T-Thread IR-Blocking Filter has a typical transmission above 99%. It can be used in lieu of the UV-IR Blocker if your camera has low sensitivity at short wavelengths; to protect your DSLR camera or Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newtonian, or Maksutov telescope from dust; and, if your system does not have any refracting elements, as a substitution for the MC Clear filter.
Astronomik T-Thread IR-Blocking Filter Highlights
- Obstructs all IR light without having any influence on the visual part of the spectrum
- Provides an excellent method for shielding your telescope or camera from dust
- Parfocal with any other Astronomik filter
- Completely resistant to the scratching as well as to the effects of aging and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not have any impact on your telescope's optical performance.
- Delivered with a durable, high-quality plastic storage box