- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik L-1 UV-IR Blocking Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted - L1-1
Astronomik UV-IR Blocking Luminance Filters
For an exceptional final image, the Luminance channel is probably the most crucial. The filter should feature the highest possible transmission with a wide spectral bandpass so you get as much signal as is viable. This combination enables impressive sensitivity and provides you with the greatest pixel photon counts. While the high transmission level is an excellent feature of Astronomik's new Luminance filters, not all optical instruments, or supplemental optical devices such as correctors, field flatteners, or reducers, enjoy perfect color correction. Thus the Luminance filter's spectral bandpass width can be an issue. A band pass with too much width enables the transmission of light that is not completely focused (chromatic aberration), making stars display as soft or bloated. In such instances image processing can be challenging. Therefore, having a marginally narrower spectral window in your Luminance filter can lessen or even do away with this detrimental effect altogether.
In order to provide users with all the necessary tools to gather the best possible data, Astronomik has bolstered their Luminance filter line. Now you can choose Luminance filter ideally suited for your telescope type to achieve the highest signal and sharpest image for the Luminance channel.
The spectral window size you select for Luminance data will be contingent on your telescope's color correction. The L1 features the widest spectral window, while the L3 has the narrowest. The L2 is roughly the same as the current Astronomik L-Filter.
If your optical system is completely chromatic aberration free, you should get an L1 filter for your setup. For general use with most optical systems employing a corrector, flattener or reducer in the optical train, the L2 is optimal. The L3 filter is made for users with refractors that have less than ideal color correction. Plus, when used in conjunction with Astronomik's new Deep-Sky RGB filters, the L3 filter will reduce that annoying bluish halo around stars.
The transmission curve characteristics and coatings on the new Luminance filters have been designed and engineered in such a way that no halos or reflections will be visible. Even with bright stars in the field of view you will be able to reveal the faintest structures in galaxies or nebulae.
Like all Astronomik Filters, the new Luminance filters are made using an extremely durable and scratch resistant coating, deposited on the finest polished optical substrate, which is free of any striae or internal strains. All substrates are made to exactly the same thickness, so all Astronomik filters are parfocal.
Astronomik UV-IR Blocking Luminance Filter Highlights
- Parfocal with any filter Astronomik carries
- Offers complete resistance to the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope
- Astronomik filters come with a durable, high quality plastic filter container