- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OWB Filter - Type 3 - EOS Clip - OWBCCD-EOS
Astronomik OWB Filter - Type 3 - EOS Clip
- The Astronomik OWB Filter - Type 3 - EOS Clip (Original White Balance) Filter is designed for Canon EOS digital SLR cameras that have been modified for astronomy imaging and is in a Canon EOS Clip mount
- Designed for DSLR cameras which have been converted for astronomical use by removing their IR-filter or by substituting it with a filter with greater range for H-alpha
- The Astronomik OWB (Original White Balance) Type 3 Filter clips into any Canon EOS Digital SLR camera and restores the ability of the camera to be used for terrestrial photography, like the original standard equipment filter
- The spectral sensitivity of the (modified) DSLR will be changed by installing an OWB-Filter to the original Canon-designated range
- Coatings protect amazingly well against scratching, aging, and humidity
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope
More About the Astronomik OWB Filter - Type 3 - EOS Clip
The Astronomik OWB filter would usually not be designated as an "astronomical" filter. The intention is to enable converted DSLR cameras (without a built-in IR-filter) to be used for conventional "terrestrial" photography. DSLR cameras which have been converted for astronomical use by removing their IR filter or by substituting it with a filter with greater range for H-alpha, have a white balance that made them unusable for terrestrial purposes. The spectral sensitivity of the DSLR will be changed by an OWB-Filter to their original range.
The OWB (Original White Balance) filter shifts the complete spectrum of a converted DSLR in such a manner that the camera will not be exclusively usable for astro-photography. Therefore the decision, whether to "victimize" a DSLR in order to exclusively use it for astronomical tasks, or accept the lower sensitivity on the red end of the spectrum is now a thing of the past. The OWB EOS Clip filter fits in all Canon cameras of the series 20D(a)-40D, 300D-450D, and 1000D. This OWB Filter Type 3 is parfocal with other Astronomik filters.
Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches, and aging effects. Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope! Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, plastic filter box.
Astronomik Clip Filter System
Astronomik's unique Clip-Filter system features full black anodized aluminum construction and has been laser-cut on state-of-the-art machinery. Inserts directly into a Canon EOS DSLR camera body in mere seconds with no adjustments required. Focus, screen, image stabilization, and all other lens operations will continue to function! Apart from the EF-S series, all Canon system lenses, along with all M42 and T2 lens adapters, support the Astronomik EOS Clip Filter. This system also makes for an excellent dust protector as it keeps dust from accumulating on your sensor when performing long exposures.
- Special spectrum in order to adapt modified DSLR cameras (with removed or substituted IR-filters) to achieve a standard color space in digital imaging