- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS CCD Canon EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - CLSCCD-EOSXL
Astronomik CLS CCD Canon EOS XL Clip Filter
for Canon 5D Mk II,5D Mk III, and 6D
- This Astronomik CLS CCD filter employs the Canon EOS Clip format made for Canon full frame DSLR cameras that have had their IR blocking filter removed
- All standard operations of your Canon EOS, such as focus and image stabilization, will remain unaffected by attaching this filter
- Clips into Canon full frame 5D MK II, 5D MK III, and 6D DSLR cameras to recover the camera's terrestrial photography capabilities, similar to the original standard equipment filter
- Blocks as much artificial light as possible while allowing top-notch performance for preferred spectral lines
- Telescopes and photo lenses of all apertures with focal ratios of f/3 and above are sufficient for use with the Astronomik CLS-CCD EOS XL Clip Filter
- Blocks light from mercury and sodium-vapor sources such as street lamps, making it an excellent light pollution filter
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for their superior quality optics!
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik CLS CCD Canon EOS XL Clip Filter
By blocking the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, but allowing a substantial percentage of visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass, the CLS CCD filter pretty much eliminates any surrounding light pollution, which can spoil your images. This filter has been designed to work with lenses of any aperture, operating at f/3 and above.
Photography with DSLR cameras without white balance shift becomes feasible even in a severely light-polluted atmosphere with the Astronomik EOS XL Clip model. Astronomik filters are parfocal with all other Astronomik filters and will not reduce optical performance. This filter is impervious to scratching, aging, and high humidity. Astronomik filters arrive in a high-quality, long-lasting, plastic storage case.
The Astronomik CLS CCD Canon EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter is suitable under light-polluted for DSLR full frame cameras, which have been modified for astronomical use. The CLS-CCD Filter highlights the contrast between celestial objects and the background. Due to a wider transmission curve when compared with UHC filters, this filter will transmit a larger amount of light. Stars will be less dimmed. This filter has been optimized to block as much artificial light as possible and simultaneously provide the best performance for desirable wavelengths.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's proprietary Clip-Filter system is made of black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most up-to-date machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to work with Canon DSLR cameras with full format bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This Clip-Filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body using only your fingers in a matter of seconds. Removal is also quick and easy. No tools or adjustments needed and all lens operations like focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to function normally! In addition, during long exposures, Astronomik's Clip-Filter system keeps dust at bay so it doesn't gather on your sensor. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Passes wavelengths from 450 nm to 540 nm and from 640 nm to 690 nm
- Blocks the far Infrared wavelengths