- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS CCD Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter - CLSCCD-NIKXL
Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution XL Clip Filter - Nikon Full Frame
- Featuring a Nikon Full Frame clip format, this Astronomik CLS CCD XL Clip Filter is known to be compatible with Nikon D800 and D810 full frame DSLR camera bodies.
- Capable of being added or removed using only your finger, this filter rests securely and stress-free in the camera and does not require any tools for use.
- Cameras using this filter do not need to be modified.
- Intercepts light from mercury and sodium-vapor spectral lines while letting the largest section of visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass through, thus eradicating much of that irritating orange glare resulting from light pollution in heavily populated areas.
- See more stars and nebula detail with this Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter.
- As well as serving as an excellent imaging filter, the Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter is also ideal for deep sky observing with telescopes of any aperture or photo lens with an f/3 focal ratio and above.
- Allows close to 100% transmission from 450 nm to 530 nm which encompasses the visible light and h-alpha portions of the spectrum.
- Astronomik filters all have multi-layer coatings to protect against the damaging effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity.
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for producing superior quality optics!
More About the Astronomik CLS CCD Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter
Since DSLR Cameras have been remodeled for astronomical use, they can now accommodate CLS-CCD Filters in severe light-polluted conditions. The contrast between celestial objects and the background is greatly enhanced with this filter. Compared with UHC filters, the CLS-CCD has a wider transmission curve, allowing more light to be tranmitted, making stars appear less dimmed. Astronomik CLS-CCD filters have been optimized to block as much artificial light as possible while, at the same time, yielding the best performance for approved wavelengths.A good filter for DSLR, CCD, and black & white film photography, along with deep sky observation. By blocking mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, and letting the largest section of visual and H-alpha emissions to pass, the CLS-CCD filter effectively cuts out the majority of surrounding light pollution, eliminating that irritating orange glow. This filter works best with lenses of all apertures with focal ratios of f/3 and above. With the Astronomik CLD CCD Light Pollution Filter, you'll experience easier Double Star resolution. For those who want to create color images from emission line data, the CLS-CCD Filter is an excellent option for the Luminance channel. Like all Astronomik Filters, this CLS-CCD filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. This 1 mm thick filter is diffraction limited to maintain the current optical performance of your telescope. It is impervious to blemishes from scratching, aging or high humidity. Comes with a superior quality, durable plastic storage case.
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D800 and D810. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine!
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha)
- Passes wavelengths from 450 nm to 540 nm and from 640 nm to 690 nm
- Blocks wavelengths in the far infrared