- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS Light Pollution Filter 2" - CLS-2
Astronomik 2" CLS Light Pollution Filter Highlights
- Eliminates orange glow generated by urban lighting
- Displays more stars and detail in nebulae
- Optimized for telescopes with a filter to telescope aperture ratio of 1:3 to 1:15
- 2" cell-mounted round filter
- The Astronomik CLS Filter provides nearly 100% transmission between 450 nm and 530 nm which includes the visual and h-alpha portion of the spectrum
- All Astronomik filters feature multi-layer coatings for superior protection against scratching, aging and humidity
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for their optical quality!
More About the Astronomik 2" CLS Filter
The Astronomik CLS filter is an excellent option for color as well as black & white imaging of deep sky phenomena such as nebulae, galaxies and star clusters with astronomical equipment of any size. Mercury and sodium-vapor spectral lines are blocked, allowing the largest part of visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass, the CLS filter efficiently shuts out the majority of surrounding light pollution, eradicating that irritating orange glare. Optimized for use with filter to aperture ratios between 1:3 and 1:15. Aberrations and coma are done away with by keeping within these aperture ratios.
Astronomik filters are parfocal with other Astronomik filters. The Astronomik 2" CLS Light Pollution Filter has a thickness of only 1 mm. It is highly resistant to scratches and aging effects, as well as high humidity. Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope! Astronomik filters include a high-quality, long lasting, plastic storage box.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540 nm and beyond 650 nm