- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted - HA12-1
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter - 1.25"
- The Astronomik H-Alpha CCD Filter is a photographic filter mounted in a 1.25" threaded cell
- Designed with the finest technical standards in mind to permit the desired optical performance for deep sky CCD imaging
- Allows H-Alpha light emissions to pass while blocking almost the entire remainder of the visual spectrum plus IR
- The Astronomik H-alpha CCD Filter features a 12 nm FWHM
- Blocks all undesirable light pollution and is ideal for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova vestiges
- German-made for superior quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 1.25" H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter
For CCD applications, this Astronomik 1.25" Round Mounted H-Alpha 12 nm Filter is the optimal narrowband filter. Its 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) is perfect for standard CCD cameras, permitting the use of extremely fast optics. The f/number application range spans from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Transmission deficits and chromatic distortion, a problem with other filters, only happen with Astronomik filters when excessively bright 1:2 plus aperture ratios are involved. This filter features a transmission of up to 99%. Additionally, with this 12 nm filter, you'll find it easier to locate guide stars for cameras with an incorporated autoguider.
Astronomik H-Alpha CCD filters enhance the contrast between objects, in this instance, it highlights the difference between objects with H-Alpha emission lines and the airglow background. Furthermore, this filter makes for an excellent light pollution filter as it rejects artifical light sources, such as mercury and sodium-vapor, entirely. Because of the superior optical quality of the Astronomik CCD H-Alpha substrate, you'll be able to view sharp, pinpoint stars identical to what you would be able to see from your regular telescope.
This 1.25" H-Alpha 12 nm CCD filter from Astronomik completely obstructs all undesired wavelengths in the visual and IR spectral areas. Like all Astronomik filters, it is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It contains a very thin substrate and is diffraction limited for maintaining your telescope's optical performance. This filter is also entirely resistant to scratching as well as the effects of high humidity and aging. Astronomik filters arrive in a durable plastic storage container of excellent quality.
- 97+% transmission for the H-Alpha line
- Blocks nearly the whole remainder of the visual spectrum
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths in the infrared
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.