- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter - 36 mm Round - HA12-36
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter - 36 mm
- This round photographic filter is presented in a 36 mm threaded cell
- Made with concern for the highest technical principles to ensure the greatest possible optical efficiency for imaging deep sky objects with CCD cameras
- Enables desired H-Alpha emissions to pass while obstructing nearly the entire rest of the visual spectrum including IR
- The Astronomik H-Alpha CCD Filter has a 12 nm FWHM
- Blocks all unwanted light pollution, making it ideal for imaging planetary nebulae as well as the vestiges of supernovae
- German-made for high optical quality!
More About the Astronomik 36 mm H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter
For CCD imaging, the 36 mm Round H-Alpha 12 nm Filter from Astronomik is the perfect narrowband filter. With a 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM), this filter works with standard CCD cameras to permit the use of extremely fast optics. The scope of f/number applications spans between 1:2.8 and 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic distortion, while a nuisance with other filters, will only become an issue when excessively bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are involved. Also, this filter features an up to 99% transmission. Locating a guide star with cameras that have a built-in autoguider is also much easier with the Astronomik 36 mm H-Alpha 12 nm Filter.
Astronomik's H-Alpha 12 nm Filter enhances the contrast between objects, in this case between targeted objects with H-Alpha emission lines and the skyglow background. This filter also provides total suppression of emission lines from artificial sources such as mercury and sodium-vapor from street lamps, making it an excellent light pollution filter! Because of the high optical quality of the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm substrate, you won't be able to tell the difference between the razor sharp stars seen with a camera or with your regular telescope.
Arriving in a durable, high-quality plastic storage case, the Astronomik 36 mm Round H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter is parfocal with any other Astronomik filter. It offers complete obstruction of all undesired wavelengths in the visible and IR spectral bands. This filter contains a very thin substrate and is diffraction limited for maintaining the optical performance of your telescope. It is also highly resistant to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity.
- 97+% transmission for the H-Alpha line
- Blocks nearly the whole remainder of the visual spectrum
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths in the infrared
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.