- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter - 42 mm Round - HA12-42
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter - 42 mm Round
- Made for astrophotography, this Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter is presented in a round 42 mm cell
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to ensure the ideal optical performance for deep sky CCD imaging
- Enables desired H-Alpha emissions to pass while obstructing nearly the entire rest of the visual spectrum including IR
- 12 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Obstructs all undesired light pollution, making it optimally suited for imaging planetary nebulae as well as supernova remnants
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for their high quality optics!
More About Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filters
For astrophotography with CCD cameras, this Astronomik 42 mm H-Alpha Filter is the optimal narrowband filter. It features a 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) for enabling the use of very fast optics with standard CCD cameras. The extension of f/number applications ranges from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic aberrations can be a problem with other filters. With the H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter, however, this will only become an issue when excessively bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are in play. This filter has a transmission of up to 99%. Furthermore, you'll find locating a guide star with cameras that have an integrated autoguider much easier with this filter.Astronomik H-Alpha CCD filters enhance the contrast between objects, in this instance, it highlights the difference between objects with H-Alpha emission lines and the airglow background. Furthermore, this filter makes for an excellent light pollution filter as it rejects artifical light sources, such as mercury and sodium-vapor, entirely. Because of the superior optical quality of the Astronomik CCD H-Alpha substrate, you'll be able to view sharp, pinpoint stars identical to what you would be able to see from your regular telescope. Delivered in a high-quality, long-lasting plastic storage container, the Astronomik 42 mm H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It completely blocks all unwanted wavelengths in the visible and IR bands of the spectrum. This filter has a very thin substrate and is diffraction limited for maintaining the quality of fine images from your telescope. In addition, it offers very high resistance to impurities caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity.
- 97%+ H-Alpha line transmission
- Blocks almost the entire rest of the visual spectrum
- Blocks unwanted Infrared wavelengths
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.