- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter - M52 Round Mounted - HA12-M52
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter - M52
- M52 threaded H-Alpha CCD Filter from Astronomik expressly designed for astro-imaging applications
- Made to the highest technical standards for the finest optical performance necessary for imaging deep sky objects
- Allows desired H-Alpha emissions to pass through while intercepting nearly the entire remainder of the visual spectrum as well as IR
- Approximate FWHM bandwidth of 12 nm
- Blocks all undesirable light pollution and is ideal for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- German-designed for superb optical quality!
More About Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filters
For CCD applications, the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm Filter is the optimal narrowband filter. Its 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) is perfect for standard CCD cameras, permitting the use of extremely fast optics. The f/number application range spans from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Transmission deficits and chromatic distortion, a problem with other filters, only happen with Astronomik filters when excessively bright 1:2 plus aperture ratios are involved. This filter features a transmission of up to 99%. Additionally, with this 12 nm filter, you'll find it easier to locate guide stars for cameras with an incorporated autoguider.The contrast between objects with H-Alpha emission lines and the skyglow background is enhanced by the Astronomik H-Alpha CCD Filter. In addition, this filter completely cuts off light from spurious sources such as the mercury and sodium-vapor lines from street lamps, making it an outstanding light pollution filter! Due to the Astronomik CCD H-Alpha substrate's high optical quality, you'll see the same razor sharp stars you'd see if you were using your regular telescope. Like all Astronomik filters, the M52 H-Alpha 12 nm is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters, and it is delivered in a high-quality, long-lasting plastic storage case. It completely blocks out all unwanted wavelengths in the visual and IR part of the spectrum. Diffraction limited, your telescope's optical performance will not be compromised. Furthermore, this filter features a very thin substrate and is highly resistant to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity.
- More than 97% transmission in the H-Alpha line
- Obstructs almost the entire remainder of the visible spectrum
- Intercepts unnecessary Infrared wavelengths
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.