- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter - HA12-SONY
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter
- This Astronomik 12 nm H-Alpha CCD Filter in Sony Alpha 7 clip format is compatible with Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s camera models in Mk1, Mk2, and Mk3 variants
- Made with concern for the highest technical principles to ensure the greatest possible optical efficiency for imaging deep sky objects with CCD cameras
- Lets favorable H-Alpha emissions pass through while blocking almost the entire remainder of the visual spectrum including IR
- FWHM of approximately 12 nm
- Ideal for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova remnants, the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter rejects all undesired light pollution
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for producing high quality optics!
More About Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filters
This Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter is the optimal narrowband filter for CCD astrophotography. With a 12 nm FWHM, this filter is ideal for standard CCD cameras, allowing very fast optics to be employed. The f/number application range is spread from 1:2.8 to 1:15. The only time you'll have to be concerned with transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which can be an issue with other filters, is when excessively bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more are involved. It should also be acknowledged that this filter has an up to 99% transmission. An additional asset of this 12 nm filter is the more convenient availability of guiding stars for cameras with an integrated autoguider.Astronomik's H-Alpha 12 nm Filter enhances the contrast between objects, in this case between targeted objects with H-Alpha emission lines and the skyglow background. This filter also provides total suppression of emission lines from artificial sources such as mercury and sodium-vapor from street lamps, making it an excellent light pollution filter! Because of the high optical quality of the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm substrate, you won't be able to tell the difference between the razor sharp stars seen with a camera or with your regular telescope. Like all Astronomik filters, the H-Alpha 12 nm Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters, plus it is delivered in a high-quality, long-lasting plastic storage case. It completely blocks out all unwanted wavelengths in the visual and IR part of the spectrum. Diffraction limited, your telescope's optical performance will not be compromised. Furthermore, this filter features a very thin substrate and is highly resistant to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity.
Astronomik Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter System
Astronomik's patented Clip-Filter system has been designed from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on up-to-date modernized machines. Within seconds, it can be introduced directly into the body of a Sony Alpha 7 models 7, 7r, and 7s in MkI, MkII, and MkIII versions respectively. No adjustments are required and all lens functions like focus, screen, and image stabilization, remain operational! This Clip-Filter system also serves as an effective dust protector, keeping dust from collecting on the sensor during extended exposures.
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.