- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Clip Filter for Canon EOS M Series Cameras - OIIICCD-EOS-M
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD EOS M Clip Filter
Please Note : The "M" series of Astronomik filters are designed to work with the new mirrorless cameras from Canon.
- Designed for Canon EOS M1, M10, M3, M5, M6, and M50 camera models, this Astronomik 12 nm OIII CCD Filter in EOS M clip format is optimally suited for astrophotography
- Also suitable for use with EF-M bayonet lenses, as well as EF and EF-S bayonet lenses via the use of an optional adapter
- Close to 100% transmission in the OIII line
- Approximately 12 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Works best for imaging remnants of planetary nebulae and supernovae
- Coatings provide remarkable protection from defects resulting from scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and therefore will not lessen your telescope's optical performance
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for producing high quality optics!
- An ideal fit for telescopes with a minimum 6" aperture
More About Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filters
The Astronomik OIII CCD filter is a narrow band emission-line-filter for CCD photography. The filter lets the light of double ionized Oxygen of emission nebulae pass and blocks nearly the whole remainder of the spectrum where the CCD is sensitive. The full width at half maximum (FWHM) of 12 nm is ideal for common CCD cameras and allows the use of very fast optics. The optimal aperture ratio for the use of the filter is 1:3 to 1:15 with apertures of more than 6" (150 mm). It should be noted that the filter has a transmission of up to 99%, which cannot be attained by stacking more narrow-band filters. A further note, which led to selecting the half width (FWHM), is the dark current of common CCD imagers. Exposures with a CCD cooled to -15°C are limited by the dark current of the CCD, even in large cities with a bright background. Another advantage of the 12 nm filter is the better availability of guiding stars for cameras with built-in-autoguider.The contrast between OIII emission line objects and those in the background sky is greatly enhanced by this Astronomik OIII CCD Filter. It completely cuts off artificial light emissions from mercury (Hg), sodium (Na), and skyglow. Unlike with filters from other manufacturers, the Astronomik 12 nm OIII CCD Filter won't have any transmission loss or chromatic distortions unless extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are involved. Because this filter incorporates an IR-blocker up to 1150 nm, an additional IR blocking filter is not necessary. Using a combination of this Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter with an H-alpha or SII CCD filter enables the creation of three-color images of emission line objects (gas nebulae), even under severely light-polluted conditions. To do this, you'll need to take the image in three different wavelengths and combine them into a single image in Photoshop by selecting each as a separate color-channel and pasting them together. Diffraction limited, this filter will not cause any reduction in the optical performance of your telescope! All Astronomik filters are delivered with a durable plastic filter box of superior quality.
Astronomik EOS M Clip Filter System
Made from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art machines, Astronomik's unique Clip-Filter system can be placed directly into the camera body of Canon EOS M series M1, M10, M3, M5, M6, and M50 models in only seconds. Adjustments are not needed, and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, stay operational! This EOS M Clip-Filter system is also suitable for use with all currently known EF-M lenses, along with all other lenses with EF and EF-S bayonets by using an adapter. This system also serves as a suitable dust shield, preventing dust from gathering on your sensor when taking long exposures.