- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted - OIIICCD-1
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted
- The Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter is mounted in a round, 1.25" cell and is made specifically for astrophotography
- This filter has a transmission close to 100% in the OIII line
- FWHM bandwidth of roughly 12 nm
- The perfect filter for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova vestiges
- Coatings offer remarkable protection from the effects of scratching, aging, and humidity
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the quality of your telescope's optical performance
- German-made for excellent optical quality!
- The Astronomik OIII Visual Filter works best with telescopes that have a minimum of 6" aperture
More About the Astronomik 1.25" OIII 12 nm CCD Filter
This Astronomik OIII CCD Filter is a narrowband emission line filter designed for CCD imaging. It allows light from double ionized oxygen of emission nebulae to pass through while simultaneously blocking almost the entire remainder of the spectrum where the CCD is sensitive. The 12 nm full width and half maximum (FWHM) enables the use of very fast optics and is optimal for typical CCD cameras. With instruments that have apertures of more than 6" (150 mm), the ideal aperture ratio for the use of this filter is 1:3 to 1:15. It should be acknowledged that this filter has an up to 99% transmission, which is impossible to achieve by stacking more narrowband filters. Furthermore, a note on the dark current of typical CCD imagers. Exposures with a CCD cooled to -15ºC are restricted by the CCD's dark current, even in big metropolitan areas with a bright background. This lead to the 12 nm FWHM selection. An additional advantage of this 12 nm filter is the enhanced availability of guiding stars for cameras with an incorporated autoguider.
Highlighting the contrast between objects in the OIII emission line and objects in the skyglow background, the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter completely eliminates artificial light sources such as mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) from street lamps. With the exception of extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more, transmission losses and chromatic distortions are not a problem, unlike with filters from other brands. Since this filter has an integrated IR-blocker up to 1150 nm, you won't need a supplementary IR-blocker to go with it.
When employing the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter in conjunction with an H-Alpha or SII CCD filter, even imaging in an environment with very heavy light pollution will not prevent you from obtaining three-color images of emission line gas nebulae. To accomplish this, you need to capture an image in three different wavelengths, choose each as a color-channel in Photoshop and paste them together as one individual color image. This filter is diffraction limited and will not lower the optical efficiency of your telescope! Astronomik filters arrive with a long-lasting plastic storage box of supreme quality.
- Above 99% transmission for each of the OIII lines
- Blocks superfluous wavelengths of other visual spectral areas