- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - EOS Clip - OIIICCD-EOS
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Canon EOS Clip Filter
- With a Canon EOS Clip format, the Astronomik OIII CCD Clip Filter is made for standard Canon EOS cameras which have an IR blocking filter over their detector
- The Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - EOS Clip is made for astrophotography
- This filter has a Transmission of nearly 100% in the OIII line
- FWHM bandwidth of roughly 12 nm
- The ideal filter for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- Coatings offer exceptional protection against scratching, aging, and humidity
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope
- Best-suited for telescopes with an aperture of at least 6" (152 mm)
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for their optical quality!
More About the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - EOS Clip
The Astronomik OIII CCD filter is a narrow band emission-line-filter for CCD photography. The filter lets the light of double ionized Oxygen of emission nebulae pass and blocks nearly the whole remainder of the spectrum where the CCD is sensitive. The full width at half maximum (FWHM) of 12 nm is ideal for common CCD cameras and allows the use of very fast optics. The optimal aperture ratio for the use of the filter is 1:3 to 1:15 with apertures of more than 6" (150 mm). It should be noted that the filter has a transmission of up to 99%, which cannot be attained by stacking more narrow-band filters. A further note, which led to selecting the half width (FWHM), is the dark current of common CCD imagers. Exposures with a CCD cooled to -15°C are limited by the dark current of the CCD, even in large cities with a bright background. Another advantage of the 12 nm filter is the better availability of guiding stars for cameras with built-in-autoguider.
The Astronomik OIII CCD increases the contrast between objects, in this case between the OIII emission line and the skyglow background. Our Astronomik OIII CCD completely suppresses the emission lines of artificial lighting (mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na)) and skyglow. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which arise with other filters, only occur with Astronomik filters when extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more come into play. The filter has a built-in IR-blocker up to 1150 nm. You don’t need an additional IR-blocker with this filter.
When using the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD - EOS Clip filter together with the H-alpha, and the SII CCD filters you can obtain three-color images of emission line objects (gas nebulae) from locations with very strong light pollution. To do so, you would take an image in three different wavelengths, select each one as a color-channel in Photoshop and paste them together as one single color image. Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope! Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, plastic filter box.
Astronomik EOS Clip Filter System
Made from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art machines, Astronomik's unique Clip-Filter system can be placed directly into the camera body of the Canon EOS in only seconds. Adjustments are not needed, and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, stay operational! Excluding the EF-S series, all Canon system lenses, as well as all M42 and T2 lens adapters, are compatible with the Astronomik EOS Clip Filter. This system also serves as a suitable dust shield, preventing dust from gathering on your sensor when taking long exposures.
- 99%+ transmission for both of the OIII lines
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths in other parts of the visible spectrum