- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - EOS XL Full Frame Clip - OIIICCD-EOSXL
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Canon EOS Full Frame Clip Filter
- The Astronomik OIII CCD Clip Filter has a Canon EOS Full Frame Clip format designed for Canon EOS cameras which boasts an IR blocking filter over the detector
- Standard Canon EOS camera functions such as focus, image stabilization, etc. will not be compromised by using this filter
- Clips into Canon full frame 5D MK II, 5D MK III, and 6D DSLR cameras to recover the camera's terrestrial photography capabilities, similar to the original standard equipment filter
- Optimized to intercept as much superfluous light as possible while, at the same time, enabling first-rate performance for preferable wavelengths
- Close to 100% transmission in both OIII lines
- Approximately 12 nm FWHM bandwidth
- An excellent filter for imaging planetary nebulae as well as remnants of supernovae
- Coatings provide considerable protection from scratches as well as the impacts of aging and humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and therefore will not lower your telescope's optical performance
- Ideal for telescopes featuring an aperture of 6" (152 mm) or more
- German-made for high optical quality!
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - EOS XL Clip
Astronomik's OIII CCD EOS XL Clip Filter is a narrowband emission line filter designed to work with full frame Canon EOS DSLR Cameras for CCD photography. This filter allows light from OIII emission nebulae to pass while blocking virtually the entire rest of the spectrum where the CCD is sensitive. A 12 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum) is optimal for standard CCD cameras, enabling the use of extremely fast optics. To get the most out of this filter, the ideal aperture ratio is between 1: 3 and 1:15 with aperture over 6" (152 mm). Please note that the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD EOS XL Clip Filter has a transmission of close to 99%, a figure that cannot be obtained by merely stacking additional narrowband filters. Furthermore, exposures with a CCD cooled to 15ºC are restricted by the CCD's dark current, even in large metropolitan areas with bright backgrounds. This influenced the 12 nm FWHM decision. Another benefit of the 12 nm filter is the improved availability of guiding stars for cameras with an integrated autoguider.
The contrast between objects in the OIII emission line and the skyglow background is enhanced with the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter. Emission lines from artificial sources like mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) and skyglow are totally suppressed with this filter. Transmission reductions and chromatic distortions, which can be an issue with other filters, are only encountered with Astronomik filters when excessively bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more are involved. The Astronomik OIII CCD Filter contains a built-in IR-blocker up to 1150 nm, making a supplemental IR-blocker unnecessary.
When the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD EOS XL Clip Filter is used in conjunction with H-alpha and SII CCD filters, three-color images of emission line objects such as gas nebulae can be obtained despite severe light pollution. To accomplish this, the image would have to be captured in three different wavelengths with each wavelength selected as a color-channel in Photoshop and then pasted together as a single color image. Diffraction limited, this filter will not lower the optical performance of your telescope! All Astronomik filters arrive in a long-lasting, superior quality plastic filter case.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's exclusive Clip-Filter system is made with black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on contemporary machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to be used with full format Canon Digital SLR camera bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This clip filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body within seconds using nothing but your fingers. Removal is just as easy. No tools or adjustments are necessary, and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, are unaffected. The Astronomik Clip-Filter system also shields your sensor from dust accumulation when taking extended exposures. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
- Each OIII line has more than 99% transmission
- Obstructs unnecessary wavelengths in other areas of the visible spectrum