- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - M52 Round Mounted - OIIICCD-M52
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - M52
- This 12 nm OIII CCD Filter from Astronomik is designed specifically for astrophotography and comes in a round, M52 threaded cell
- Close to full transmission in the OIII line
- FWHM bandwidth of approximately 12 nm
- The perfect filter for photographing planetary nebulae and supernova vestiges
- Coatings provide remarkable protection from the effects of scratching, aging, and humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and thus will not lower the quality of your telescope's optical performance
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing high quality optics!
- Ideal for telescopes featuring an aperture of 6" (152 mm) or more
More About Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filters
This Astronomik OIII CCD Filter, a narrowband emission-line filter for CCD astrophotography, features a full width at half maximum (FWHM) of 12 nm. This is optimal for use with typical CCD cameras, enabling the use of extremely fast optics. This filter permits the light of double ionized oxygen from emission nebulae pass through while blocking close to the entire rest of the spectrum in the areas where the CCD is sensitive. The aperture ratio range ideally suited for this filter is 1:3 to 1:15 with apertures above 6" (150 mm). It should also be acknowledged that Astronomik O-III CCD Filters have an up to 99% transmission, a figure that cannot be attained by stacking extra narrowband filters. An additional note on the dark current of typical CCD imagers: exposures with a CCD cooled to -15°C are constricted by the CCD's dark current, even in large metropolitan areas with a heavily illuminated background. This directly influenced the 12 nm FWHM choice. A further benefit of this 12 nm filter is the easier availability of guiding stars for cameras that have an integrated autoguider.The contrast between OIII emission line objects and those in the background sky is greatly enhanced by this Astronomik OIII CCD Filter. It completely cuts off artificial light emissions from mercury (Hg), sodium (Na), and skyglow. Unlike with filters from other manufacturers, the Astronomik 12 nm OIII CCD Filter won't have any transmission loss or chromatic distortions unless extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are involved. Because this filter incorporates an IR-blocker up to 1150 nm, an additional IR blocking filter is not necessary. When using the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD - EOS Clip filter together with the H-alpha, and the SII CCD filters you can obtain three-color images of emission line objects (gas nebulae) from locations with very strong light pollution. To do so, you would take an image in three different wavelengths, select each one as a color-channel in Photoshop and paste them together as one single color image. Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope! Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, plastic storage box.
- 99+% transmission for both of the OIII lines
- Obstructs unnecessary wavelengths from other areas of the visual spectrum