- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - SC Rear Cell - OIIICCD-SCT
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - SCT Rear Cell
- This Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter comes in a round SCT threaded format and is designed especially for astrophotography purposes
- Almost 100% transmission in the OIII line
- 12 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Optimally suited for imaging the remnants of planetary nebulae and supernovae
- Multi-layer coatings enable full protection from the damaging effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not minimize your telescope's optical performance
- German-designed for supreme optical quality!
- Works best with minimum 6" aperture telscopes
More About Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filters
This Astronomik OIII CCD Filter is a narrowband emission-line filter, expressly designed for CCD astrophotography, with a 12 nm FWHM. It lets double ionized oxygen from emission nebulae pass through while, at the same time, blocking nearly 100% of the remaining spectral areas where the CCD is more vulnerable. The 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) allows for extremely fast optics to be used with common CCD cameras. For telescopes with apertures over 6" (150 mm), 1:3 to 1:15 is the ideal focal ratio range. It should also be acknowledged that this filter's transmission of up to 99% cannot be achieved by stacking extra narrowband filters. Furthermore, with regards to the dark current of typical CCD cameras, exposures with a CCD cooled to -15°C are limited by the dark current of the CCD, even in large cities with strongly illuminated backgrounds. This led directly to the 12 nm selection. Another benefit of this filter is the increased opportunity for finding guide stars with imagers that have an integrated autoguider.Emphasizing the contrast between objects in the OIII emission line and the skyglow background, the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter offers complete suppression of emission lines from spurious light sources like mercury (Hg), sodium (Na), and airglow. Loss of transmission and chromatic distortions, which can be a problem with filters available from other manufacturers, are only an issue with Astronomik filters when excessively bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are in play. Since this filter has a built-in IR-blocker up to 1150 nm, an extra IR-blocker is not required. When employing the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter in conjunction with an H-Alpha or SII CCD filter, even imaging in an environment with very heavy light pollution will not prevent you from obtaining three-color images of emission line gas nebulae. To accomplish this, you need to capture an image in three different wavelengths, choose each as a color-channel in Photoshop and paste them together as one individual color image. This filter is diffraction limited and will not lower the optical efficiency of your telescope! Astronomik filters arrive with a long-lasting plastic storage box of supreme quality.
- Transmits more than 99% of both OIII lines
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths in other parts of the visible spectrum