- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter - OIIICCD-SONY
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter
- Astronomik 12 nm OIII CCD Sony Alpha 7 clip format filter for MkI, MkII, and MkIII versions of Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s camera models
- Specifically designed for astro-imaging pursuits
- Nearly 100% OIII line transmission
- FWHM bandwidth of approximately 12 nm
- The ideal filter for photographing planetary nebulae and the remnants of supernovae
- Coatings protect amazingly well against scratching, aging, and humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will maintain the optical efficiency of your telescope
- German-made for excellent optical quality!
More About Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filters
This Astronomik OIII CCD Filter, a narrowband emission-line filter for CCD astrophotography, features a full width at half maximum (FWHM) of 12 nm. This is optimal for use with typical CCD cameras, enabling the use of extremely fast optics. This filter permits the light of double ionized oxygen from emission nebulae pass through while blocking close to the entire rest of the spectrum in the areas where the CCD is sensitive. The aperture ratio range ideally suited for this filter is 1:3 to 1:15 with apertures above 6" (150 mm). It should also be acknowledged that Astronomik O-III CCD Filters have an up to 99% transmission, a figure that cannot be attained by stacking extra narrowband filters. An additional note on the dark current of typical CCD imagers: exposures with a CCD cooled to -15°C are constricted by the CCD's dark current, even in large metropolitan areas with a heavily illuminated background. This directly influenced the 12 nm FWHM choice. A further benefit of this 12 nm filter is the easier availability of guiding stars for cameras that have an integrated autoguider.Highlighting the contrast between OIII emission line objects and the background sky, the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter provides complete suppression of spurious light sources such as mercury (Hg), sodium (Na), and skyglow. Loss of transmission and color distortions, while a nuisance with filters from other brands, only becomes a problem with this filter when ultra bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are used. Since the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter has a built-in IR-blocker up to 1150 nm, extra IR blocking filters are not required. Obtaining three-color images of emission line gas nebulae when imaging in heavily light polluted areas is possible if you use this Astronomik OIII CCD Filter in collaboration with the H-alpha and SII CCD filters. After capturing an image in three separate wavelengths, you can use Photoshop to select each as a color-channel, and combine them into a single color image. Diffraction limited, this filter will not have any negative influence on the optical performance of your telescope! All Astronomik filters come with a durable, high-quality plastic storage container.
Astronomik Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter System
Astronomik's exclusive Clip-Filter system is made from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut using ultra modern machinery. This filter can be directly inserted into the camera body of MkI, MkII, and MkIII versions of Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s models in just seconds. No modifications are required and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to be operational! In addition, this system also serves as a dust protector, preventing dust from accumulating on your sensor during long exposures.